“Chez Amand - Definitely worth more than one visit”
Review of Chez Amand - CLOSED

Chez Amand
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 17, 2014

We have visited this restaurant now on three occasions and found it to be excellent (the visit was on a strong recommendation). On the last two visits Amand was out in the restaurant discussing the fish dish of the day with us, which in itself is a rarity for the Chef to do. The choice of fish was excellent also - others had different dishes and were equally pleased. Carolin and Amand are so friendly and helpful it makes the visit really pleasurable and such good food. I can understand Chez Amand's rating on this site too. I have visited both top rated restaurants around Marsalforn and they both deserve their high gradings. Nothing seems to be any problem at all, excellent and friendly service. We will return again obviously. We have had dinner there 3 times but never visited for lunch which, I would imagine, would just be as good an experience. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone.

There are newer reviews for Chez Amand

Reviewed June 17, 2014

We returned here this year and had lovely aljotta (fish soup) and pasta. By having starter portions of pasta we had enough room for desserts - strawberry sorbet and a white chocolate mousse. Also discovered a very good local Sauvignon Blanc - the only white wine we had previously experienced was Chardonnay. €70 including a tip. Great food and value. Friendly too. Chef proprietor always pops round at the end of the evening to see if customers have enjoyed his cooking.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

I've read the negative reviews on here and I honestly can't tell where they are coming from. I ate here with a friend after being quite disappointed with a few other restaurants in the area. I had beef stew or a similar dish, it was beef something (sorry can't remember the exact name) and it was delicious. Not quite as good as the Hungarian Porkut I make at home, but pretty damn close.

The waiting staff were very friendly and Mr Amand came out a greeted us personally. This was a very nice touch, as some successful business owners can let it go to their heads. We appreciated the gesture of him saying he would look after us, albeit from the kitchen.

Read the reviews and make your own mind up, but I would say don't miss out on this good little restaurant. Enjoy!

1  Thank Deepsearch
Reviewed June 6, 2014

I have been coming diving in Gozo for the past twenty years and we always drop in for a meeal at Chez Armand. This year I came with my family and wanted a relaxing lunch. Well we could not have picked a better place. Food was lovely and the staff were so helpful. They provided a brand new high chair so what better place to have a lovely lunch with a chilled glass of wine at a very reasonable price. We shall be back.

1  Thank RH2407
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Lovely food and good choice, great service, good price, highly recommended. Also - good background music - bonus. Just walk another 10 minutes (or less) out of Marlsaform and you are there. Well worth it