“A very hospitable welcome”
Review of Chez Amand - CLOSED

Chez Amand
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We chanced upon this restaurant, when filling in a dull,coolish day in Malta. We were greeted by the owner and welcomed into his restaurant. We had a very nice pasta meal with wine, that was reasonably priced.The menu was quite extensive, covering light snacks through to main meals.
On a sunny day,I could imagine it would be a very pleasant place to sit outside and eat.The owner is a very pleasant,attentive man who made us feel so welcome at his restaurant.Well worth visiting.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

We have never ever experienced such a warm and friendly welcome on Gozo. Woke up late -after a noisy night that went into the early hours - to high winds, rough seas and rain - very untraditional for this time of year. After some sight seeing we ended up in Qbajjar, a little bay off Marsalforn, for our lunch. Most of us already had a late breakfast and were not looking forward to lunch, but in my case I skipped breakfast in anticipation of lunching at Amand's and had worked up quite an appetite by the time we arrived. Amand is proud of his fish and sea-foods and being right on the water-front, justifiably so, but I had fish the night before and preferred a nice juicy beef fillet with traditional chips. I was not disappointed ... my steak was cooked to perfection. The rest of my party also enjoyed their lunch. When it came to the bill, we were pleasantly surprised! I hadn't been to Amand's in a long, long number of years, but it will become a regular stop whenever we are in Gozo from now on.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

On a quiet Gozo coastal road, and overlooking a very pretty bay, we also stumbled across Chez Amand, having almost run out of petrol. I pulled up outside and called desperately asking where the nearest garage was. Amand came rushing out and was so lovely, we drove 4km to Victoria and 4km back again to eat. The food, I have to say, was absolutely amazing. I've never eaten such fresh salad in all my life. The scampi was also to die for. All three staff that we met were smiley, and courteous. There was an incident with another guest which could have been very embarrassing for them, but was dealt with in the most professional manner.

We both came away sorry that we don't live on Gozo, and see all these wonderful people, and eat all that wonderful food on a regular basis.

If you go to Gozo, make sure you take time out for this little restaurant, you won't be sorry :-)

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Good food, good service, professional and caring. We were impressed with the standard and the attention to detail. Great place!

1  Thank FSAGURU
Reviewed April 10, 2013

On our first visit to Gozo we stumbled across Chez Amand and subsequently ate there twice during our stay. A Perfect way to spend a long sunny lunch looking out across the bay and being served a high standard of food. This in conjunction with a very warm welcome and attentive staff it just does not get any better than this. A good range of tasty food to suit all. We will be back:)

1  Thank dumbledore67