“good value for money, friendly, clean”

Santa Martha Hostel
Reviewed July 21, 2013

we arrived at the 5th of july and stayed till the 17th because we really liked it there. Everyone gets a private room (1,2 or 3 bed). the rooms a really clean and you share your bathroom, which is also clean and hygienic, with just two other rooms. there is a kitchen which you can use whenever you want. the price - 16€ / person and night - includes a continental breakfeast with toast, coffee / tea, yoghurt and cornflakes. you can prepare your breakfeast on your own - so you can eat as much as you want. the kitchen is also always clean and tidy. the owner - maria - is a very friendly and helpful person! all in all, we really liked it at santa martha hostel and it is really great value for money, i can strongly recommend this hostel! best place for staying in marsalforn / gozo!

michael

Reviewed July 10, 2013

The Santa Martha is a lovely place to stay. Maria makes the stay feel like home, very friendly, accommodating and welcoming. The hostel is perfectly located, just a short walk to the sea front, clean, friendly and comfortable...exactly in tune with the island.

Definitely plan on staying again as I plan on returning to Gozo!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

My boyfriend and I have just got back from 8 nights at the Santa Martha Hostel, and we had a really comfortable and enjoyable stay. It was my first time staying in a hostel and I was so much happier there than in a big hotel. The rooms don't have air conditioning but it's not needed - there's a fan and a ceiling fan in each room which keeps it cool enough to sleep under covers during the hot nights. Towels are provided and the beds are made every day. The rooms have lots of wardrobe space and a full length mirror. The owner, Maria, is a lovely lady - very welcoming and kind, and keen to give good tips on places to go in Gozo. Breakfast is available in the kitchen every morning, consisting of yoghurts, toast, jams, cereals, tea, coffee, juice, etc, for guests to help themselves.

In terms of the location, we did a lot of travelling around Gozo and found that Marsalforn was the best place to stay. There are lots of restaurants, it's right on the sea front (about a 5 minute walk), local supermarkets are just around the corner so it's easy to buy food and stock up on water. For divers there's a great scuba diving centre called 'Bubbles' very near the hostel, it's easy to get to Victoria from, and it's near some lovely beaches (including Ramla Bay). There's a tourist information centre by the beach too where you can hire a car, which I highly recommend.

We had a wonderful experience of Marsalforn and the Santa Martha Hostel, and wouldn't change a thing about where we stayed. Thank you Maria for having us, for being so welcoming, and giving us such a nice place to come back to after a fun day/night out in Gozo!

1  Thank Sophie F
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Highly recommend you stay at Santa Martha. Clean, upper spacious rooms and bathrooms. Bfast included limited but enough. Equipped kitchen available & excellent location.
Beware of the confusing bus apon arriving you might feel like your way out of town but soon to realise the bus did a round about loop & your actually super close. Enjoy your stay!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed December 25, 2012

We had a great time there in last summer! The place is great and nice, very clean, very cosy, very very near the beach and from everything you need! Maria is a great person, she will be a friend for all who visit the hostel. A place to return!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank fcotamedeiros
Reviewed December 4, 2012

We sayed here for 3 nights in the beginning of September. Excellent owner - very helpful women, speaks several foreign languages, can advise what to do and what to see. The whole hostel is really clean and has good location - it has several supermarkets around, bus stop is only few minutes walk, quiet area

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank aaagataaa
Reviewed November 10, 2012

I stayed here for a few days the summer before last. I heard that Gozo had some of the best scuba diving in the Mediterranean, so I was excited to check it out! After a few hours traveling by bus, taxi, and ferry from the Malta international airport to Gozo, I figured it was a good sign when the taxi driver said he was a personal friend of the hostel owner. I was greeted by her sister, who let me into my room and drew me a map to get to my dive shop. Later on, I met the owner, who was very sweet. My room was simply decorated, but clean and tidy, and I think I was the only one there at the time, because I never had to wait for the bathroom! There was toast, yogurt, and juice provided for breakfast. I was amazed at the great price for everything! Also, it was only a few blocks away from the beach, which was lined with restaurants and dive shops.

P.S. If you're planning to dive, you should check out the Scuba Kings Dive Centre--they were wonderful!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo