“A little piece of heaven....” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Village Ta' Sbejha

Village Ta' Sbejha
Ranked #5 of 10 Specialty Lodging in Gharb
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“A little piece of heaven....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

Having just returned from a 7 day stay in the Annalise apartment in Village Ta' Sbejha, I can honestly say that I would recommend the accommodation to my friends and family (and, therefore, others). I myself hope to be able to return in the near future.

The setting is idyllic, the atmosphere tranquil and laid back. The apartments provide an ideal base for you to unwind and make a good 'home from home'. The staff are available if you need them and, for me, provide the right balance of good customer service without being obtrusive.

It was nice and peaceful when I was there. I felt safe at all times in the area, even when out at night. The hourly bus service stops right outside and is easy to use (we didn't have a car) and the local shop is easily within walking distance (10-15 mins) for those who don't mind walking in the heat. Salvina restaurant is well worth a visit for good food, ambience and service. The Gozitan people we met were genuine, helpful and friendly and this definitely added to the charm of our holiday.

If you are looking for a scenic, quiet retreat for your holiday in Gozo then Ta' Sbejha is the ideal place to base yourself (you can always head for the hustle and bustle if the mood takes you). Enjoy!

Room Tip: I think, for most, a ground floor apartment would be preferable.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank TravellingWilbury444

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Malta
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

I would like to start off by saying that the place is very nice, however, the lack of good service from the company running it makes it of poor quality when compared to other establishments.

First of all, I tried to amend my booking to move it a day later than I booked, and I received no help what so every from them when contacted directly. It was my mistake to book a wrong day, I accept that, but a little help from their side would have been greatly appreciated. The replied I received where arrogant, and they only told me to deal with my agent. They couldn't help me. Full stop.

When I arrived there, there was no one to welcome us. I had to phone on a number to be told my apartment number. During my stay, i only saw the receptionist once, and was only for a few minutes. I asked for some soap to clean the dishes, and they told me "We don't supply such items". I cannot believe that they expect me to bring soap with me to wash the dishes. Even so, at least, in the end, they gave me a sponge and some soap to, which I was grateful.

The apartment was never cleaned while we where there, and no towel changes. It was hot, and not all doors had insect mats attached to them, so we couldn't open them all.

The pool seriously lacks umbrellas and people tend to place their towel on the deckchairs and leave them there. Please, add umbrellas as Summer in Malta can be quite hot.

On the other hand, the place is marvelous and I believe that if they take care of the customer a lot more, the place would be fabulous. Till now, only 2 stars for this place. Pity, as it has a lot of potential. On a plus side, the place has a garage to park your car, and is located in a very quiet village, which is a plus for us.

in the end I left the place without ever seeing the receptionist. I never did a check in, and never a check out. You get the impression that they are only after your money, and nothing else.

To add with that, I am Maltese, so I can only image what type of service do tourists get!!

Room Tip: - Ground floor Maisonettes have a small terrace where you can enjoy a dinner outside.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Grancu A
Castle Cary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

We have been going to Gozo for many years often staying at Ta Sbejha. It is quiet, traditionally styled and well maintained accommodation where you can relax on your own private terrace and use as a base for exploring the island which is a well kept secret. The management are attentive and always there to assist. The surroundings are a mix of palm trees and colourful shrubs which create a lovely setting and the villa-type accommodation is very comfortable and welcoming with a well equipped kitchen. We love it and hope that not too many people discover it!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank penny m
sheffield
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2012

Just got back from a 14 day stay at Villagg Ta' Sbejha in Gharb and was very pleased with our choice of accommodation, ok the apartment was a little tired and could probably do with a makeover but considering how many people must stay here the condition of the apartment was reasonable. The apartment was cleaned twice and contained everything for a self catering holiday. We had no complaints at all but if we had the guy Chris who looks after the place was very friendly and I am sure he would have resolved any problems had they occurred. The pool and surrounding area is beautiful. A car is useful for popping out to the local supermarkets and restaurants, and the best beach is Ramla bay, also Hondoq bay was good for swimming. Gharb has three restaurants, Rangers if you want cheap and cheerful, the food was good and you get loads. Jeffreys Restaurant has good home cooking with a decent menu and reasonable prices. Salvinas has a good menu and good service and definately worth a visit. We fell in love with the Island of Gozo and would definatley recommend staying at Villagg Ta' Sbejha

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank dee063
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2012 via mobile

Booked one week yoga retreat with yoga traveller which included accommodation here. The beds were crawling with with fleas or bed bugs & there was a pungent smell of dampness throughout the apartment. The yoga was performed in a basement room with limited natural light. Meals were in the adjoining room which had no natural light - the poorest sight for dining one should ever be exposed to! Definitely not recommended!

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Toshic
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2012

Just returned from a 5 night stay at Village Ta Sbejha. The surroundings are beautiful, the apartments built round a courtyard/swimming pool with plants and palm trees. We stayed in Isaac a ground floor corner apartment comprising a living room, kitchen, bathroom and large twin bedroom, it had three sets of patio doors . It was adequately furnished and in addition to the patio area in front also had two private patio areas at the rear. The furniture was a little tired but the kitchen had everything we needed, oven, 4 ring hob, microwave, toaster, fridge and kettle. Unlike other reviewers we had no problem with the water pressure and were able to bathe easily, although I agree about the shower attachment, and it was all spotlessly clean. We only saw the manager twice and reception was closed most of the time we were there and there was no cleaning service during our stay. The agency we booked with claimed that it was within walking distance of shops and attractions but we found neither that we could easily walk to in the heat. The Arriva bus service stops almost outside and although it runs only once an hour we found it punctual, starting about 5am and finishing at almost 11pm and its only about a 10 minute run to Victoria, the island's capital and from there buses run to all parts of Gozo. If travelling with children a car could be useful to get round but its not essential. We enjoyed our stay there, its peaceful and quiet if a little remote. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank joan286
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2012

Just returned from a 5 day break at this property and can only repeat that this is a really nice place to relax in. The only sounds were of birdsong in the mornings. The "Village" consists of approximately 24 apartments of 2 stories high. The accommodation was very spacious, consisting of a large bedroom, lounge, good sized well equipped kitchen and fair sized bathroom. Our apartment was situated on the ground floor and had 3 patio windows with space to sit outside of each. Overall I would say that the accommodation was very good value for money. However, there are a couple of things to point out. There is only 1 mini market in the area and, for the time we stayed there, I never saw it open. Also, it would probably suit somebody who wanted to hire a car to travel around the island, as the bus service, although punctual, was 1 bus per hour.

Room Tip: Corner suites appear to have most space.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Minno123
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gharb
San Andrea Hotel
Bellavista Farmhouses Gozo
Grotto's paradise
Grotto's paradise
#1 of 9 in Gharb

Been to Village Ta' Sbejha? Share your experiences!