“Beautiful”

Ranked #2 of 4 things to do in Comino
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed October 17, 2013

It was lovely time we spent there. I would only advice to visit this lovely place starting early morning, because around 12 a.m. there are too many people.
There is beautiful grotto on the other side of blue lagoon, don't be lazy and swimm all way there, you'll be impressed what you get at the end. Also it's nice place for diving.

1  Thank Violetta L
Write a ReviewReviews (3,174)

Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

Omg what can u say the blue lagoon was paradise crystal clear water and warm to swim was amazing. Don't think you can sunbath as nowhere to sit apart from buying a deck chair at six euros. Also eat from blue burger van baguettes good value.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

We took a commercial trip from Silema on a schooner. Firstly, Captain Morgan put us on another company's boat, which we didn't really realize until later. We had signed up for this cruise at ten euros more than the one straight to Blue Lagoon, because it promised a stop on Gozo on a "secluded cove". Well, they headed straight for Blue Lagoon and, when queried, said they "might" go to another spot later. We added up the hours available and realized they had no intentions of hitting another spot. The snorkeling at BL is disappointing at best. The flora is all brown, not much of it, and the colorful fish are few. There are so many people I suppose the fish are disccouraged from this spot. I love snorkeling but my experience is limited to Florida US and Bahamas and I would put the sights seen at Blue Lagoon at a 2 to the former's 10. We had read in the guidebook that this is Malta's "best" snorkeling. Maybe so, but on a world scale, not too hot. It was nice to go in the waterr, but the views were limited.

1  Thank lspwroo
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

I have travelled to various places and this was one of the most beautiful and fascinating. My only advice would be bring plenty of water and a pack lunch if you are fussy with food.

Bring goggles as the water is so clear you will be able to see the fish and bit's of coral if you go out far enough

Reviewed October 3, 2013

After a great boat trip I was devastated to actually see the beach at Blue Lagoon. It really is almost like "Blackpool"!! The beach is so small that I think my living room is bigger and what beach there is is ram packed with sun beds for hire and parasols and any "spare" beach is full of tourists crammed in like sardines.

I felt so sorry for the mums & dads and their small children with buckets & spades in hand who had come on our boat trip hoping to spend the day on the beach. No such luck. Not a place for families.

A short walk up the path away from the beach are several wagons selling burgers, chips, ice creams etc etc. Horrible !! Get rid of the tacky things !!

The waters around the bay are packed with smaller boats and several larger what I would describe as "party" boats with booming music and screaming people jumping in the water.

I walked away from the beach and wandered around Comino and had a lovely time in the peace and quiet.

Luckily I was able to get back on our boat (Hornblower) and away from the madding crowd.

Not rushing back again.