“Very nice”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Really enjoyed the food here, was better than I imagined. Prices were reasonable and service was very good. Will return

There are newer reviews for The Mendip Inn

Reviewed October 25, 2012

This if the first time I have been here, we joined 6 friends for birthday celebration, all without exception had fantastic food. Quality and presentation absolutely spot on, portions were large, so you need a healthy appetite if you want three courses. I shared the meat and fish Tapas with my husband, every bite was lovely. I then chose spareribs, moist and tasty, but was unable to finish them as had the starter. We then shared the sticky toffee pudding from heaven.
The staff whilst friendly, but not trying to clear your table whilst you were still eating (a not nice habit that some restaurants have taken to) Everyone had such lovely food that tasted fantastic and was pleasing to the eye. Well done to everyone. We lived 40 minutes away, but well worth the travel.

1  Thank rosieSomerset
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We went for dinner on Sunday night. Staff very friendly, nice place and great food at a reasonable price. My first time and I'll definitely go back.

Bizarrely we were the only people in there, so either it was a freak night or the owners need to go and study marketing. It should be packed!

Reviewed October 12, 2012

We visited the Mendip Inn on a Monday night and were pleasantly surprised to find many of the tables taken. There was a good atmosphere and the waitress was friendly and helpful. Our son in law had the rack of BBQ ribs which was huge even he struggled to finish it. My daughter and I had the chicken with dips which was a good sized portion and well cooked. As to puddings we were spoilt for choice and everyone was very happy with what they chose.
Originally when the refurbishment was done prices were a bit high but they seem to have realised this and are now offering much better value still with a good choice on the menu.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Went here with a friend for a dinner mid week, first impressions were good, staff were friendly, lovely decor, candles lit and a roaring fire in the main restaurant area, this was where things went down hill.
Although there were only a handful of people int eh entire place, service was ridiculously slow and the waitresses didn't seem to have a clue about the menu. To start we shared the caramelised onion and rocket flat bread which sounded good but in fact was a bought pizza base with barely cooked onion and some old wilted rocket-we didn't finish it. I opted for the special which was described as a spring onion risotto with pan fried salmon, this was not what i got. Burnt dry salmon fillet, greasy flavourless risotto, again i didnt finish it. My friend opted for one of the pasta dishes and this was again horrendous-no flavour, dry and again she left the majority of it,
Throughout the meal the service was so slow, we had to wait about 10 minutes when we ordered drinks and the wait inbetween courses was just too long.
As i said ,i don't know if this was just an off day for food because a lot of reviews on here praise it, i won't be going back here for food but was a great venue for a drink in a nice atmosphere.

1  Thank BRI1234