Having been a satisfied visitor to lewtrenchard for quite a few years I could see no way to improve my ultimate escape. WRONG.Since the return of the murrays it is even better.They have an absolute passion for the manor which reflects in everything they do.The staff are fantastic and the food is sensational.The ghosts of the manor being the housekeepers are also a sensation.(I call them ghosts because you never see them only their results being .bed made whilst at breakfast,cleaning when out of room and bed pulled down whilst at dinner).once again an absolutely delightful break.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by the hills of Dartmoor, Lewtrenchard Manor offers luxurious accommodation in a magnificent Jacobean house. Views from the glorious gardens stretch far over the parkland, and Dartmoor National Park is almost within walking distance.Delicious fish, beef, pork and game dishes feature on a menu prepared by an award-winning chef. Some of the hotel's fruit, vegetables and herbs are sourced from the kitchen gardens. There is also a tasting menu, where you can try a range of fantastic food.Each room at Lewtrenchard Manor has unique character and charming features. Many have views across the grounds, and all feature a TV, seating area, and en suite bathroom.The family-run hotel is situated in Lewdown, a 20-minute drive from Launceston. Here you can visit the many National Trust properties in the area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Lewtrenchard Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lewtrenchard Manor Hotel Lewdown
- Lewtrenchard Manor Okehampton
- Lewtrenchard Manor Hotel Okehampton
- Lewtrenchard Manor Lewdown, Devon, England