Lewtrenchard Manor is a true gem set in beautiful countryside. I went there with my husband and our dog to do some walking and celebrate his birthday. We paid a small extra charge to bring our dog. We opted for one of their excellent value deals including dinner, bed and breakfast and stayed in the Nonington suite overlooking the gorgeous gardens. Sadly the weather wasn't great but the food and the service more than compensated for the lack of sunshine. We were greeted warmly and nothing was too much trouble for our gracious hosts and their delightful staff who really made us feel welcome.
Dinner was an absolute delight in the wonderful, candlelit dining room, I really loved the artichoke veloute and pre dessert, little extra treats that make the whole experience of dining out exciting and delicious.
Our bed was very comfortable and we slept really well although the bathroom and shower were a little on the small side.
I would definitely recommend Lewtrenchard very highly if you're looking for a lovely setting, old fashioned charm, relaxation and first class food. It's a peaceful and luxurious haven far from city life. I would love to come again in the Spring or Summer as I'm sure the gardens would look glorious when the flowers are out. Thank you to all the staff and our kind hosts who made our stay so very enjoyable.
Irena and Mark Riggott and Harry the Sheltie.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by the hills of Dartmoor, Lewtrenchard Manor offers luxurious accommodation in a magnificent Jacobean house. Views from the glorious gardens stretch far over the parkland, and Dartmoor National Park is almost within walking distance.Delicious fish, beef, pork and game dishes feature on a menu prepared by an award-winning chef. Some of the hotel's fruit, vegetables and herbs are sourced from the kitchen gardens. There is also a tasting menu, where you can try a range of fantastic food.Each room at Lewtrenchard Manor has unique character and charming features. Many have views across the grounds, and all feature a TV, seating area, and en suite bathroom.The family-run hotel is situated in Lewdown, a 20-minute drive from Launceston. Here you can visit the many National Trust properties in the area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your Lewtrenchard Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lewtrenchard Manor Hotel Lewdown
- Lewtrenchard Manor Okehampton
- Lewtrenchard Manor Hotel Okehampton
- Lewtrenchard Manor Lewdown, Devon, England