Atmospheric, secluded and beautiful. The house, its setting and style are perfect for a relaxing and very comfortable stay. The room that we stayed in was large, light and airy with window seats that looked out over the fountain and the gardens. Both breakfast and dinner are a foodies delight - inventive, imaginative and very eatable. The bread is outstanding.
The staff are a delight and it feels as if you own the place and are part of the family.
This was our first visit but it wont be our last - definitely a place for all seasons.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by the hills of Dartmoor, Lewtrenchard Manor offers luxurious accommodation in a magnificent Jacobean house. Views from the glorious gardens stretch far over the parkland, and Dartmoor National Park is almost within walking distance.Delicious fish, beef, pork and game dishes feature on a menu prepared by an award-winning chef. Some of the hotel's fruit, vegetables and herbs are sourced from the kitchen gardens. There is also a tasting menu, where you can try a range of fantastic food.Each room at Lewtrenchard Manor has unique character and charming features. Many have views across the grounds, and all feature a TV, seating area, and en suite bathroom.The family-run hotel is situated in Lewdown, a 20-minute drive from Launceston. Here you can visit the many National Trust properties in the area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lewtrenchard Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lewtrenchard Manor Hotel Lewdown
- Lewtrenchard Manor Okehampton
- Lewtrenchard Manor Hotel Okehampton
- Lewtrenchard Manor Lewdown, Devon, England