We stayed for one night in April with our two dogs and all four of us were made wonderfully welcome - not only by the owners Mr & Mrs Murray, but also Spencer, their Jack Russell dog. The abiding impression is of staying in a comfortable and welcoming, home and it is that quality which makes Lewtrenchard so special. Our meal was excellent in all respects.
Whilst a stay at country house house hotel of this calibre is never cheap, Lewtrenchard represents great value for money.
The house, accommodation, grounds, food and staff were all first rate and we look forward to our next visit with enthusiasm.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by the hills of Dartmoor, Lewtrenchard Manor offers luxurious accommodation in a magnificent Jacobean house. Views from the glorious gardens stretch far over the parkland, and Dartmoor National Park is almost within walking distance.Delicious fish, beef, pork and game dishes feature on a menu prepared by an award-winning chef. Some of the hotel's fruit, vegetables and herbs are sourced from the kitchen gardens. There is also a tasting menu, where you can try a range of fantastic food.Each room at Lewtrenchard Manor has unique character and charming features. Many have views across the grounds, and all feature a TV, seating area, and en suite bathroom.The family-run hotel is situated in Lewdown, a 20-minute drive from Launceston. Here you can visit the many National Trust properties in the area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Lewtrenchard Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lewtrenchard Manor Hotel Lewdown
- Lewtrenchard Manor Okehampton
- Lewtrenchard Manor Hotel Okehampton
- Lewtrenchard Manor Lewdown, Devon, England