“An amazing two night stay!”
Review of East Raddon B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lewdown
East Raddon B&B
Ranked #2 of 2 Lewdown B&B and Inns
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
“An amazing two night stay!”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I've been meaning to review this B&B for months. My fiancé and I stayed with Sylvia and her family for 2 nights at East Raddon just after the bank holiday at the end of May 2013. We were visiting for our friends' wedding at nearby Lewtrenchard Manor. Upon arrival, we were greeted with yummy homemade cakes, scones & tea. After, we got settled into our room which was huge! The bed was very comfy and we had a lovely ensuite, Slippers were provided as were lots of toiletries, homemade shortbread & fruit + info on the local area, all making it feel very homely. We had nowhere to go that evening, but Sylvia booked us a table at the nearby Clovelly Inn (I think that was the one) which was about a 15 minute drive away. Food there was lovely, massive portions so you may want to share a main and a side between two of you! The wedding was not until 2pm so the following morning Sylvia cooked us a lovely cooked breakfast to set us both up for the day, using produce from the farm. We then did a reckie of the church and Manor. Once showered and dressed up, Sylvia even dropped us down to the venue (I was worried about getting my heels muddy!). We had a key & a torch to find our way back to the B&B later that night. On the second morning, feeling a little tired & slightly hungover, Sylvia made us another wonderful breakfast and Charlie & Chloe (her children) showed us around the farm (I'm slightly animal mad so was in my element! Ask them about Steve the Lamb!) I would definitely recommend this B&B to anyone wanting to stay in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tracey R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Tavistock, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Our weekend stay with Sylvia Cocker and family,was truly fabulous. The whole family were so warm and welcoming. The food was out standing and the whole family couldn't do enough to help us. I feel I have made a new friend. A huge thank you to you all ! Joes leg is on the mend, he did have to go to hospital and take a course of antibiotics and have a few days of school but all is good now.
Take care x love Debbie x Katelyn x Joe and Ruby x

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank dawe123
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed for just one night towards the end of August, and I have to say that it exceeded my expectations. I was made to feel really welcome - Sylvia had even gone to the trouble of making me some gluten-free biscuits (I can't eat wheat). The room was large and comfortable, looking out over farmland and trees, and the breakfast was great - almost all of it was from the farm itself. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

Room Tip: There's no mobile reception there, so watch out (though I was offered use of the house phone if...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Neil D
Windsor, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I stayed for one night on my John O' Groats to Land's End charity walk. From the moment I arrived at this friendly farm, when I was offered tea and home made cakes, to the point of my departure, there was warm hospitality in abundance. The farm is situated in a beautiful, peaceful location, yet is convenient for local attractions. I opted for an evening meal, which was delicious - it included a selection of home grown vegetables.

Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank JOGLEWALK
Cookham Dean, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 15, 2013

A wonderful place to stay in the deepest, rural Devon countryside. The warmest of hospitality and the tastiest of homemade food. I would recommend staying at East Raddon Farm as it is like visiting family with a very warm welcome. On entry to our room we were greeted by hot tea and coffee and homemade cakes, a great pleasure after a long journey. Clean rooms, comfortable beds, locally made sausages and eggs fresh from East Raddon Farm and picturesque views across acres of fields and woodland, ideal for exploring. Our host, Sylvia, has an amazing knowledge of surrounding areas to enjoy. Thank you for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kevin W
Basingstoke
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Recently stayed there for a weekend with Sylvia and her family. They make you feel so welcome with their freindliness and hospitality. Cakes on arrival and lovely welcome tray in your room.

The farm itself is ideally located if you like the tranquil life and there are lots of local attractions close at hand. Sylvia has great local knowledge and will advise you on anywhere that is worth taking a look.

Breakfasts are lovely with no pressure on timescales.

Hopefully if they will have us and were that way again this will be the place that we will be heading for.

Thanks again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Barnstaple, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 20, 2012

Lovely home-made cakes and tea on arrival, nice large room with comfortable bed and tasty breakfast in the morning. We've been very well looked after. Sylvia is a great host - she made us feel so welcome, it was almost like visiting a family.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lewdown
Lewtrenchard Manor
#1 of 2 in Lewdown
Lee Byre
Lee Byre
#1 of 2 in Coryton

Been to East Raddon B&B? Share your experiences!