La Casa di Matiki
Casa Irma(Zminj)
All reviewsolive treescasa di matikifresh ricottathe main houselocal farmsgave us great recommendationsan amazing hostcroatian vacationperfect location to exploreswimming poolcroatian culturelittle piece of paradisepleasure of stayingistrian peninsulaenjoyed the companyother guestsbeautiful environment
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Casa Matiki was a perfect place to rest, and enjoy Istria. We spent few days there with our 2 year old little boy, enjoying the company of sheep and donkeys! The apartment was very well furnished, with great taste. Breakfasts are perfect, all with homemade treats.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank CTratar
Reviewed May 11, 2013

If you want to get away from everyday problems, hustle and city life. If you need to get close to the nature, to the life as it once was. If you need to forget about hurry, and take the ride on the slow and easy side of life, then Casa Matiki is just the place for you!
Weather you choose the charming and lovely studios and apartments, or the stylish and refined Casa Lavanda, you will stay in a perfectly thought through, spotless and clean rooms, with a sense of mixed summer retreat and country farm house.
All the property is full of flowers, ravishing smells and sights that will rest your "city" worn out eyes.
And when you step into Sonja's dinning and living room you will be welcomed as if you are a dear family member, not just a guest.
For couples, for romantic getaways, for families with children of all ages to enjoy and get friends with all the lovely animals at the farm (donkeys, lambs, and most of all three dogs Tiffany, Pako and Obama), for friends exploring wonderful and full of tastes Istria, you will find your cup of thee in Casa Lavanda.
Don't forget to buy some of homemade jams (orange, strawberry/pepper and peach/lavanda are my personal favourites) to take home with you, to get you back to this place of peace, serenity and hedonism.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
SonjaKrivicic, Owner at La Casa di Matiki, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Dear Bojana4bgd,

:) Thank you so much. I work hard to create that kind of experience for my guests and it is wonderful to hear you say that about it! Thank you!

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Casa Matiki is a wonderful place for a holiday retreat, to get close to the nature and get away from the hustle of city life. The atmosphere around is relaxing, the place around is scenic. I think it's a nice place if you come for a holiday with friends or with family of children. Children will most likely have fun by walking, playing around and observing the animals.

I came here with my boyfriend and we really enjoyed our stay here. It makes us feel so relaxing. We took a rest here and it well prepared us for our next trip. Besides, Sonja, the owner of this B&B welcomed us to watch how she made pasta from raw eggs and flour, learned from her in making delicious fruit jam and so on. I feel that I learned something too. I am impressed about how they can utilize everything from organic farm without chemicals to make healthy food.

We also had a pleasant stay in the cozy apartment here. We feel like home. Staffs here are very friendly and if you need anything, you can just ask. All in all, we would like to come back in future, this B&B is definitely worth for money!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Tian1234

Dear Tian1234,

Thanks for your review. Casa Matiki is my life and I just love to hear it when my guests have enjoyed their time here and felt welcomed. That is my goal! Thank you so much! Let me know if you make it back to Istria! ;)

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Casa di Matiki has all the ingredients of a perfect holiday.

We found the staff particulary welcoming and helpful, giving us tips on the best restaurants, beaches and beautiful unspoilt villages.

The apartment was very attractive and good value for money.

We were shown the Vistamare apartment in Rovinj, an history, lively, classy seaside town. We feel sure that we'll visit Casa di Matiki again and hope to add a couple of night in Rovinj as the view frim the apartment is amazing.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Ang333234

Dear Ang333234,

Thanks for the compliment! I am blessed to live in such a wonderful region, with history, culture, beauty, and good tasting wine ;) I am so thankful that I was able to share it with you! Thank you so much and I am glad that you enjoyed your time here.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

3 friends and I stayed at Casa Matiki for 3 days in September. The facilities were clean, homey and very comfortable. The grounds were gorgeous too and with a pool, unfortunately it was too cold to swim. Breakfast was always tasty - yummy eggs with fresh sage! - although we wished they offered more of it. It's a pretty low-key, hands-off environment - if you want something, you will need to ask Sonia the host/owner. She gave us an incredible recommendation for a nearby restaurant and was helpful when necessary. If you are looking fro more emphasis on agritourism, you have to make sure to go at the right season or ask to be included in the farm duties. Location is right in the heart of Istria, so perfect to exploring all around the peninsula.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Janice H

Dear Janice H,

Hello Janice from Zminj! Thank you for your review :) I am very glad that you found the grounds and your apartment nice. Especially someone coming from such a gorgeous state like California! It was also a pleasure for me to have you here at my home and I am glad to hear that you made it home ok.