“Great for suckling pig!”

Restaurante A Choupana
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Great for suckling pig!”
Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

You're not likely to find this place unless someone mentions it to you or you like to stop at random restaurants along a main road! The place is very unassuming and not a fancy eatery. It strikes me as a very local diner rather than a touristy spot. We go once a year and order one or two portions of leitao depending on our numbers and share this between us. Can't comment on how anything else is in there as I haven't tried anything else. The portions are generous and, while I'm not a huge pork fan, have to say that the reactions of those around me to the food have always been good. As a vegetarian you're likely to end up with a vegetable soup and salad if anyone is interested! May not be everyone's cup of tea, but there will be some who I'm sure will enjoy the change from fish!

Visited May 2013