All reviews no electricity remote island wonderful island fisherman village insect repellent diving sea turquoise tourists fishes bungalow recharge tap supplies map truth nemo
Selected filters
Reviewed September 24, 2018 via mobile

Well for starters, I like how peaceful this side of the island was. I should have spent more time in that sweet sweet hammock but we had a packed schedule. Breakfast was okay and the staff was polite and welcoming. The rooms looked alright but you can definitely feel every shake and footstep downstairs. Room was very basic and old-looking, the shower heads should be replaced, they were terrible. In the end, most of us used the tap and bucket to shower. Slept to the sound of the waves and the occasional richocheting beetle in the room. Overall, I liked the atmostphere but I might not stay in the huts next time... I would love to come back and dive here! Mantanani is so beautiful!

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed August 29, 2018

Mantanani is a really wonderful Island. It could be a paradise if the authorities would keep it clean (there are some pieces of beach full of plastic trashes, especially in the east side; I warmly suggest to stay in the west side of the Island!)
Mari Mari Lodge is formed by some stilts, extremely simple but very nice and clean.
Staff is really kind and helpful.
There is no electricity from 6AM to 6PM: this makes everything more authentic!

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed July 25, 2018 via mobile

My family spent 3 night in this place, loved the huts and the water, but have experienced a number of frustrating issues.
1. Many items are not available from the menu
2. They ran out of basic supplies like bottled water, coconut
3. We were told to have snorkeling boat departure at 11 am. Boat left without us 10.30
4. Confusing communication about our departure back to mainland on the last day
5. Much garbage EVERYWHERE:-(
6. No toilet paper in bathrooms
7. Long waiting time for foods
8. SANDFLIES :-(

On the bright side
1. Friendly staff
2. Mobile broadband ( ask for recharge of the router if network disappears)
3. They let us stay in the huts until 12 o’clock

Tip: beaches are much nicer on the other side of the island- it takes 20-25 min to walk there

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed June 12, 2018

The rooms and location are nice. Nothing fancy but good enough and one of the only spots on the island where there is not too much garbage on the beach. Unfortunately, the equipement on the spot are not maintained (not a single kayak could be used during our stay because all needed repairing) and no one from the staff trying to anything about it...Nice people but not resourceful. This place left us with the feeling that it could become a gem if a minimum of infrastructure was in place to take care of all the rubbish and more motivated staff.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed June 1, 2018 via mobile

been to this island a few days ago and as what people said the view is so stunning. I just love the crystal clear water and the beautiful view of the island. love our private chalet and of course the staff there is very helpful and kind. snorkeling is awesome too! and yes I will come again for sure.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank belledee