I, like " '77 ", have been blessed enough to dive in some pretty exotic locations. I gotta tell you though... after staying with Jason and Co., exotic takes on a whole new meaning.
Yes, you ARE off the grid, but then, that's why you're reading this, now isn't it? Book now, you won"t be sorry.
Accomodations are comfy - your bungalow will be new and spotless. The beds beg you to sleep in, but don't because you *gotta* dive with these guys! (And missing breakfast would be criminal) The surface intervals on deserted postcard beaches with hot tea aren't too bad either.
The quality of the diving is simply jaw dropping (hold onto that reg!) and each dive seems better than the last. I amused the crew because after each, I was... ummm... enthusiastic... stating that "THAT was my new favorite dive site". Let 'em know what your favorite flavor is, they've got it all. Walls, nice fast drifts, or mellow shallow dives with critters all over the place. Swim-thrus, pelagics, nudis, and corals in impossible colors. Wow. (Hint: Alacrity Rocks, trust me on this one.)
Come home to hot showers and meals that are incredibly fresh and plentiful. I actually am having trouble re-developing my taste for food that isn't fresh... just doesn't taste... right. Be sure to spend a little time (and maybe have a bit of kava) with Joe. He's part of the reason that you feel more like family and less like a guest!
Incredibly pleasant little oceanfront seating areas, and, of course hammocks from where you'll be able to smell those wonderful kitchen smells. While enjoying a frosty Fiji Bitter of course.
Off the grid - yes, but you sure won't want to plug back in...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Remote Adventurous Pristine Fijian Resort on Ono Island in Kadavu Fiji. The closest resort to the Great Astrolabe Reef. All facilities are new and absolute beachfront. Eco Resort with solar power, fresh water spring, vegetables garden & fresh seafood. PADI Certified dive operator & plenty of non dive activities. Maximum of 14 guests, as this is a low key relaxed family run resort. Fantastic facilities and even better food with full board included - come and stay with us a while..... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Mai Dive - Astrolabe Reef Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mai Dive - Astrolabe Reef Hotel Kadavu Island
- Mai Dive - Astrolabe Reef Resort Fiji/Ono Island