My husband and I spent 10 days over Christmas week at Mai Dive Resort with our friends and loved every moment. We were looking for a hideaway, somewhere far from the rat race and remotely off the grid, to do some scuba diving. We loved all the things that made up this wonderful vacation. Everyone was so down-to-heart, made us feel like family and offered hospitality over and beyond what we expected. Joanna (manager), her husband, Joave (boatman), Maika (dive master) and his wife Ruthi and son Moses, Kini (boatman), Nawami and Seraima (cleaners and servers), and we can't forget Sai (incredible chef), put their hearts and souls into making our stay a memorable experience. We loved our bure #B2 called Senibua, situated between the manager's bure and the area for gathering for our meals. The rooms were simple, clean and very spacious with a big indoor bathroom/shower, with a queen and twin beds. We were provided with a welcome kava ceremony, a special Christmas dinner, farewell Fiji-style lovo dinner and on departure day, everyone sang Isa Lei, the Fijian farewell song. We lucked out on the gorgeous sun-soaked weather and loved the dives, especially Turtle Lair, Split Rock, Jack's Reef, Phillip's Corner and Shark's Alley. We also made an excursion to Joana's village, a short boat ride away and visited her family and neighbours and enjoyed another round of kava. The trip to the waterfalls was well worth it, walking along the farm area, up the hills to the water falls. If you are a scuba diver looking for a relaxing, clean and peaceful environment, this place is well worth a visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Remote Adventurous Pristine Fijian Resort on Ono Island in Kadavu Fiji. The closest resort to the Great Astrolabe Reef. All facilities are new and absolute beachfront. Eco Resort with solar power, fresh water spring, vegetables garden & fresh seafood. PADI Certified dive operator & plenty of non dive activities. Maximum of 14 guests, as this is a low key relaxed family run resort. Fantastic facilities and even better food with full board included - come and stay with us a while..... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire and Agoda so you can book your Mai Dive - Astrolabe Reef Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mai Dive - Astrolabe Reef Hotel Kadavu Island
- Mai Dive - Astrolabe Reef Resort Fiji/Ono Island