“Best restaurant in Peebles, so far!”

Bony's Steakhouse & Grill
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Glentress
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Fantastic contemporary feel Steakhouse & Grill. Reservations not essential but recommended especially in the evenings.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Best restaurant in Peebles, so far!”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

I was staying in the MacDonald Cardrona hotel for a night with my girlfriend and we decided to visit Bony's steakhouse for dinner. Having read reviews of Bony's on TripAdvisor I was expecting good food and I was not dissapointed, in fact the review stating it was "The best restaurant in Peebles, currently" was right that it was the best in Peebles at the minute but I would go as far to say it is the best Peebles has ever had.

I had the T-bone steak cooked medium and my girlfriend had the 10oz fillet steak cooked well done, we decided not to order any sauces for the steaks but did order the garlic butter. The steaks came with onion rings, a tomato, chips and a selection of mushrooms. The steaks were cooked to a British scale (medium was nice and pink and well done had no pink at all) but this was fine by me just worth noting if you like a bit of pink but scared the steak will be served blue.

The steaks were delicious, good meat well cooked how could they not be good! The portion of garlic butter was more than enough to share and added even more flavour to these already delicious slabs of meat. I would highly recommend paying the extra and getting the garlic butter as it added so much to the taste while not being to overpowering.

The service was quite good with all the members of staff being friendly and helpful. The only criticism of the service would be we ran out of drinks and had to try and catch the attention of a member of staff but to be fair not everyone would like to be approached when a drink runs out.

The restaurant is set in the old glentress hotel and from the outside doesn't really look like much but when you go inside the decor is quite nice. The interior is not what you would find inside a gastro pub or a fancy steak restaurant in Edinburgh or Glasgow but I quite liked this as sometimes it is nice to eat out in a more relaxed environment. The only negative point with regards to the interior would be that most of the seats need replaced as they have lost all their springs.

Overall I have gave Bony's a 4/5 rating as I think it adequately reflects the excellent quality of food available in a nice environment while taking into account the dodgy seats and finding it a bit slow to get a second drink. I visit Glentress quite regularly to go mountain biking and after my visit to Bony's I will be looking for an excuse to go back.

• Visited February 2014

Stranraer, United Kingdom
“If you only visit one Restaurant, make sure it's this one”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We have now been to "Bony's" twice, and really cannot recommend it highly enough! During out latest visit, I had the Bruschetta starter, which was packed full of flavour and a real treat to eat. I then had the most incredible Lasagne I have ever had the pleasure of eating. It was moist, intensely flavoursome, and it definitely one of those times when you just don't want to get full!! My Fiancée chose to have a Scallop & Black Pudding starter, followed by the Mixed Grill, both of which he said were out of this world. On top of the fabulous food, we were looked after famously by the cheerful staff, which made the whole thing even more enjoyable.
All in all, this is one of the best places to eat for many miles, and would urge people to give it a go.

• Visited November 2013
East Kilbride, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Food & Atmosphere”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Came her for dinner while staying in Innerleithern for the weekend (21 Sep 2013). Food was lovely. Have to take this opportunity to mention the staff, very friendly & attentive, especially the manager on shift that evening, we had fun trying to work out the wallpaper!

The only thing better than our visit here was my partner proposing later that evening! Thank you Bony's for setting the stage for him to feel it was the right moment :-)

Big thumbs up Bony's

• Visited September 2013
Edinburgh, UK
“More than met expectations”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Visiting Peebles for a weekend away we saw the great reviews for Bony's and decided to give it a try. Delighted we did so. The steaks were amongst the best we have had and were cooked to perfection. The sides were similarly great. Portion size was good and for our daughter the children's menu had sufficient choice (and the food was also very tasty). From arrival until departure the service was excellent and speedy. Hope to return.

• Visited January 2014
Peebles, United Kingdom
“Fantastic birthday meal”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Seven of us visited Bony's last Saturday for my son's 20th birthday. The staff were friendly and attentive (but not obtrusive), the atmosphere relaxed and unpretentious, and the food was simply excellent. Starters and puds were very good but the steaks were the stars of the show. Our seven, all different and cooked to different preferences, arrived at the table at the same time, perfectly cooked as requested.
Definitely the best steaks in Peebles, can't remember having a better one in Britain.
We'll be back, often.