“Amazing!!”

Stobo Castle Health Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Stobo
More attraction details
Owner description: Nestled among the beautiful Scottish Borders countryside, Stobo Castle offers excellent service, fine food, elegantly trained staff and above all, the ability to find peace in a frenetic world.
Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

Hade an amazing time on thurs 5th sept for a 50th treat with the morning chill at Stobo. It was perfect from start to finish..... a special mention for the hot tub experience.......heaven! Lunch was gorgeous and staff were really lovely especially the girl who gave us the tour when we arrived. First visit and definitely not the last.

Stephen_Winyard, Owner at Stobo Castle Health Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Dear Guest,

I was thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your 50th birthday treat at Stobo.

A special thank you for mentioning the warm, caring nature of our staff.

With best wishes,

There are newer reviews for Stobo Castle Health Spa

Reviewed September 2, 2013

This was probably my 9th visit and with each and every visit it just keeps getting better and better in every way. We celebrated our 50th birthdays and the last time I had visited with this group of girls was 10 years ago for our 40th birthdays, and we retuned this time with our daughters. We were welcomed. Back as old friends and our daughters were made to feel very special and very much part of the whole So Stobo experience. We stayed in Park Lodge this time which we all loved and was ideal as we were a party of 9. We certainly won't be waiting another 10 years to return, we have all started looking at future dates our diaries already. Thank you to Eleanor, Yvonne, Rose, James Mhairi and Hanna to name but a few. And of course a big huge thank you to stephen for making Stobo possible in the first place. A bientot!

Stephen_Winyard, Owner at Stobo Castle Health Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Dear Guest,

First of all, please forgive the rather formal greeting in responding to your most generous review.

It was an absolute pleasure to catch up with you and your respective families after all these years - I was delighted to hear how much you enjoyed this latest experience and we look forward to welcoming you all back to Stobo, possibly next year.

With warm regards,

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Excellent visit as always. The facilities and treatments were enjoyable and we had a relaxing time. Staff are friendly and accommodating, even when we got so involved in the activities we missed our back massage. The Mud Bath is highly recommended.

Stephen_Winyard, Owner at Stobo Castle Health Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your kind words, following your latest visit to Stobo.

There's nothing more disappointing than returning somewhere and finding standards have slipped - so, I was delighted to hear that your experience was as good as before.

With kind regards,

Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

We visited Stobo Castle for the day for my mums birthday. We arrived 20 minutes early to get organised however check in was not the 5* I expected as the girl was too busy talking to another receptionist about the weekend. I had to ask 3 times to check in. We eventually were given our locker keys, given a whirlwind tour then it was time for our treatments. Robes are not very good for plus size ladies. We got a back massage which was excellent (if you suffer from back issues tell them and they will miss that part or change the treatment for you). Our 2nd treatment was a facial which my mum got - she really enjoyed it. I opted for a pedicure which was great. We used all the spa facilities - swimming pool, steam room, sauna, jacuzzi (the overhead power showers in jacuzzi pool are the BEST). We had a 3 course lunch - which was ok except felt very uncomfortable considering our treatment finished half an hour into the lunchtime. we were sat at the table right in the middle of the room still wearing our robes.
Overall a good day only because we had spent a lot of money on the day. We were going to make the best out of what wasnt the best introduction to the spa. Next time I will be getting dressed for lunch or requesting a table that isn't right in the centre of the room for other diners to sit and stare. Perhaps having all the day spa people in the same dining area - better planning definately required.

1  Thank Alison C
Stephen_Winyard, Owner at Stobo Castle Health Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Dear Guest,

First of all, please accept my apologies for the less than professional welcome you and your Mum received when you joined us for a day visit.

I was delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your treatments and the facilities, especially the overhead jets in the hydrospa. Incidentally, we do carry a stock of triple XL bathrobes that are available on request.

Turning to the lunch arrangements, there will always be a mix of guests who have dressed in anticipation of their departure. Lunch is served between 12pm and 2pm so, in effect, there will be comings and goings over this period.

In closing, I note that your visit actually took place over six months ago - hopefully, you will be considering another day at Stobo soon when, once again, we will have the pleasure of your company.

With kind regards,

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Just back from a Pamper Day at Stobo, friends took me their for a Birthday Treat.I wasn't disappointed.Everything was amazing, beautiful setting, clean and so well organised.We were all so chilled and relaxed after our treatments.Four of us had a fab day and can't wait to go back.

Stephen_Winyard, Owner at Stobo Castle Health Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for choosing to spend your birthday at Stobo - what better way to celebrate!

Your generous review is much appreciated and I was delighted to hear how relaxed you felt after your spa day.

Kind regards