“amazing spa hotel”

Stobo Castle Health Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Stobo
More attraction details
Owner description: Nestled among the beautiful Scottish Borders countryside, Stobo Castle offers excellent service, fine food, elegantly trained staff and above all, the ability to find peace in a frenetic world.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“amazing spa hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

went for a 40th birthday treat for my friend and two other girls. from the minute we drove up to the castle entrance I knew we were somewhere very special. we were shown around immediately and then went to our rooms. they were spacious and clean. we then went to the spa area and that was it chill time began. the quality of the food and service were impeccable and unlike most hotels who cant wait to get rid of you after breakfast we stayed and lunch was included-amazing !!!first class vip all the way. cant wait to go back!!!

Visited June 2013
Stephen_Winyard, Owner at Stobo Castle Health Spa, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

This is just a brief note to thank you for your very kind remarks, following your recent visit to Stobo in the company of your friends.

Unusually in the hospitality industry, lunch is indeed included in our terms - delighted you enjoyed your time with us and we look forward to the pleasure of your company at Stobo once again.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Nice but not for couples”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

this is a nice spa but i went for a relaxing day with my husband and was disappointed to find that many of the facilities are separate for men and women. Given this was the first time I'd managed to persuade him to join me at a spa, im sorry to say i dont think he will be doing so again. Also, there is no relaxation room which is something I've really enjoyed after treatments in other spas and expected to find at stobo. On a more positive note, the Buffet lunch was nice and the treatment I had was also good.

Visited June 2013
Stephen_Winyard, Owner at Stobo Castle Health Spa, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your review after visiting Stobo for the day with your husband.

I fully take on board your comment about the lack of a relaxation room - this is in hand, along with a Hammam for couples to enjoy later this year. In the meantime, couples can spend time together in our 25 metre pool, hydrospa and mixed crystal steam room. There are also the new outdoor hot tubs, gym and a range of fitness classes to share.

In closing, I was pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your lunch and your treatment.

Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Lovely Location to Chill Out In”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

My mum and I are just back from 3 days and 2 nights at Stobo Castle and were very impressed with the standard of customer service, the spa facilities and the food. On arrival we were invited to upgrade our room which we did and got a lovely room with two huge beds and a beautiful view. We were lucky with the weather as there was no rain at all during our stay and we took the opportunity to spend some time outside including a walk to the Japanese Gardens. I had the following treatments: Reflexology, French Facial and a Hot Stone Massage. The therapists were all very friendly and professional. We did, in the early hours of one morning, have to evacuate our rooms twice due to a fire alarm. Fortunately there was no fire so all was well in the end. The staff were very professional in terms of conducting the evacuation procedure and better to be safe than sorry. As a gesture for having to get up due to the fire alarms, we were each treated to a glass of champagne and given £20 of Stobo vouchers each the following day, This more than made up for the inconvenience of getting up very early!
I hope I win the charity raffle to spend one night in the Cashmere Suite as it looks fabulous! Will be back soon I hope !

1 Thank Angela E
Stephen_Winyard, Owner at Stobo Castle Health Spa, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for posting such a favourable review, especially with the fire alarms being activated twice in one night!

I do hope it won't be long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you and your Mum back to Stobo.

With warm regards,
Blantyre, United Kingdom
“Absolute heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

Just back home after our wonderful two nights at stobo. The break was for myself and my 19 year old daughter, we had recently suffered a family bereavement, and needed peace and quiet and a little tlc. We were delighted with everything from ALL STAFF, treatments, beautiful food, and breath taking scenery.

Recommend this wonderful place to anyone who feels they need to escape and relax.
We will be back.
Many thanks to all the staff, you were ALL superb!!

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your kind review - so sorry to hear about your family bereavement, but pleased to hear that Stobo ticked all the right boxes in terms of tranquility and the tlc that you and your daughter were looking for.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The ultimate girls getaway venue! Don't go for less than 24 hours in order to get the full 'so Stobo' experience.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

Stobo is the ideal place to go for a truly relaxing and revitalizing break. It's most popular with groups of girlfriends looking for an escape from the norm, as well as mixed age hen parties and the occasional romantic couple.

Stobo provides a combination of a stunning Scottish country house venue, luxurious accommodation, wonderful food, multiple hydro therapy options, free exercise classes, and as many pampering treatments as you can afford (usually one or two is enough).

The staff have just the right mix of friendly welcome and professional service. Stretch your visit to at least one overnight stay as it's by far the best way to make the most of the free classes and extensive facilities including a beautiful ozone infinity swimming pool, outdoor hot-tub, and Japanese water gardens.

I'm looking forward to going back.

Visited April 2013
Stephen_Winyard, Owner at Stobo Castle Health Spa, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for recommending Stobo as an ideal venue to go to with a group of friends.

Park Lodge (which can accommodate up to 12 guests) has proven very popular with its own lounge and terrace outside - a link corridor also provides internal access to the spa.

I was delighted to learn how much you enjoyed your time with us and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you all back to Stobo at some point in the future.

With many thanks,