Barony Castle Hotel
$89
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
1,755 results
All reviewsleisure facilitiespool and saunabar menulovely groundsgames roomheated loungerssingle beditison dealan overnight stayfood was lovelyrelief maprestaurant staffa bit tiredblue dug restaurantpublic areasrelaxing stayboth nights
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I stayed in this hotel with my grandsons ( 11 and 7 years old) for a short break, had a great time , the staff were all friendly, helpful, efficient and kind, .. in particular the girls in reception (including the beautican who was also helping out there) .
The food we had was good and well presented, the waiters were polite efficient and helpful.
Our room was comfortable, warm, clean and had everything we needed.

The pool sauna juccuzi area were appreciated, but could do with upgrading( which I believe is going to be happening...) an area with lounging chairs around the pool would be nice.
Although I never made use of it , there was an attractive relaxation room
The grounds were lovely, with points of interest for anyone interested in history, lovely walks and rope climbing areas.
Overall it was ideal for us, our stay was comfortable, enjoyable fun and totally relaxing from the moment it was booked everything was perfect.
I have already recommeneded my son to take the boys back as they want to go again for a longer time... and to friends staying in Edinburgh from abroad.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Jamie M, Manager at Barony Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Dear Rey B,

Thanks for your review. I am glad you had a good stay with us. You will be pleased to hear that our pool area has now been refurbished. See you on your next trip hopefully!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Must be the smallest room in any hotel. 'Wardrobe' the size of a fridge and room as cold as one. 2 ironing boards stored in room. Bath water barely hot.
Valentine dinner- asked for diet coke and waiter brought can to table...classy joint!
Unable to get reception on mobile phone - even in car park.
Wouldn't recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for newer wing - perhaps a tiny bit bigger? Not sure there are any good rooms though.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Jamie M, Manager at Barony Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Dear LoriEdinburgh,

I am sorry that on this occasion that you were disappointed with your stay. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and I am currently investigating the maters you have raised.

Kind regards,

Operaions Manager

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Stayed at the weekend and firstly was given double room instead of twin (booked). Was however upgraded to a bigger twin room about an hour or two into stay (cancellation). Hotel was full but staff seemed over-stretched. Had to wait a wee while to get our afternoon tea, then at dinner the waiter didn't give us our wine until we had our main course, also forgot about my black coffee at the end of the meal - so after waiting around half an hour, gave up and paid our meal. Food was really nice though. They are going through a refurbishment at the moment - so would like to see the place again once that has been done! Might think about it - good deal on 5.00 pm. Also, Lauren (beautician) was really lovely and treatments were excellent (even though there had also been a mix-up with our treatment times too! - somebody has had a bad day - but we thoroughly enjoyed our stay anyway!

Room Tip: Rooms to the rear have a lovely outlook - but we were moved to the front of the building which overlooked the car park - but still a nice outlook - and room was much bigger. Choose a twin room instead of a double - nicer accommodation (with full bathroom).
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Jamie M, Manager at Barony Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Dear Tylionel,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review on tripadvisor following your recent stay.

I am sorry to hear that you had an issue with your room type on arrival, and I am pleased to hear that we managed to rectify this for you.

I have spoken to the food and beverage manager who was saddened to hear that you experienced poor service, and would like me to pass on his most sincere apologies. He is currently investigating the case.

Kind regards

Reviewed February 11, 2013

I have just returned from Barony Castle for a birthday night away with some friends. We had a fantastic night away and the hotel staff were great. Alex in the restaurant looked after us well. Lauren in the Spa is fantastic and would highly recommend the spa facilities. We booked an afternoon spa day for £47 which included 2 x 30 min treatments with a champagne afternoon tea which was out of this world. What i would say is make sure you book dinner well in advance. We werent advised that we should book dinner and we had to attend the last sitting at 9.15pm which was unfortunate. the rooms were large, modern and clean. I will be going back again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Dear tells_the_truth,

Thank you for your review following your recent visit to Barony Castle last weekend.

I have passed your feedback specifically to Lauren and Alex who were delighted to hear that their service had helped to enhance your stay.

Thanks agaim,

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Stayed one night, we only paid £27 for a double room! Excellent value for money. (booking.com) Room very pleasant and clean, size on par with premier inn rooms, decor plain but tasteful. We had dinner in the bar, food was excellent, drinks a bit pricey. Breakfast was fantastic better than expected for a 3 star hotel. (If you book breakfast when you book into hotel they will reduce price from £13.95 to £10.50) The changing rooms for the leisure facilities were undergoing some work, the hotel gave guests access to bedrooms to change, shower, etc. Only let down no hair dryer provided. Pool was pleasant, could do will a clean, however I believe from the hotels website this is in hand. All in all a very pleasant stay for very little money. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Barchie,

Thank you for leaving your recent review on tripadvisor.

I am pleased to hear that you felt you have had excellent value for money. Thank you for your feedback regarding the hairdryers in the leisure changing areas, as a result of this feedback we have since put hairdryers in these rooms.

Best regards