“Great food, overly posh bar.”

The Horseshoe Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Eddleston
Cuisines: European
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Relaxed, easy dining is offered here at The Horseshoe Inn���s Bistro, a low key alternative to the sumptuous Bardoulet���s Restaurant, which has made The Horseshoe famous on the Scottish dining scene. Cosy and rustic, the Bistro is centered around a wood paneled main bar with small round tables edged by linen covered chairs, dark wood original beams overhead and a wood fired stove throwing out warmth just perfect for those cold Scottish winters. A regularly changing menu allows acclaimed chef Patrick Bardoulet to tackle favourite classics from throughout Europe but with his trademark creative twist, using excellent seasonal ingredients from the many excellent producers Scotland has to offer. A children���s menu is available throughout the day, with equally carefully created dishes introducing small gastronomes to the world of good food. Meanwhile, the bar stocks an array of excellent ales well suited to the casual dining approach offered by The Horseshoe Inn Bistro.
Isle of Mull, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, overly posh bar.”
Reviewed August 2, 2010

Brilliant food, great staff but a little bit of the top atmosphere for a bar.

chester, uk
“A little piece of France in the heart of Scotland”
Reviewed July 30, 2010

Simply fantastic food - we have eaten in Michelin Star restaurants and this is up there with the best of them. You are made to feel special by the staff and hurried into your meal but rather to savour the experience. We were there for over 3 hours! The food is obvioulsly at a price for the quality you are getting but they have a cheaper Bar option available before 7pm and which is something we would like to try in the future. They also have rooms in a conveted school house at the back which looks another good option

Manchester, UK
“Unbeatable!”
Reviewed July 29, 2010

We ate in the Bistro and thought that everything was excellent - the setting, the service and the food were top drawer. I was, frankly, surprised that the prices, considering all of the plus factors were so low!! In fact, I rate the experience as being one of the best value for money meals I have ever enjoyed. One word of warning - we visited on a Tuesday evening without a booking and we were only just accommodated (the management added a table for us) - so, if you want to experience what my wife and I did, my recommendation would be to book!

North Wales
“Ohh la la!”
Reviewed July 8, 2010

Whilst in the area, we happened upon the Horseshoe, and wow were we glad that we did! Although only (and I say only loosely) eating in the Bistro, the service, ambiance and food was great. The waiter was first class, has obviously been trained well. To start, I had a specials terrine of smoked salmon, prawns, and crab on a bed of samphire - wonderful, for main I had a fragrant chicken curry, with apple, mint and coconut. I even went for pudding - neapolitan ice cream, and the vanilla was so vanilla -ey. The butterscotch sauce, whilst nice, wasn't really needed. Coffee was good, served in nice china cups. Would definitely drive extra miles to eat at this restaurant.

1 Thank Trafeiliwr
Scotland, United Kingdom
“Wonderful”
Reviewed June 21, 2010

Went for Sunday Lunch 20/06/2010, having read thier website, so I prebooked. From arriving to leaving the whole experiance was fantastic. VERY warm welcome, attentative staff, very relaxed atmosphere. Food was well presented, cooked and very tasty. I would recommed this reataurant with rooms to anyone who finds themselves in the area. I will be back.