Review Highlights
Great place to visit

I took my dad to the Quinte Botanical gardens the owners Deanna and John was very friendly and... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
BOLT744
Herculean Undertaking

Reviewed September 8, 2019
MaryEllenM431
Toronto, Canada
via mobile

See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

friendly and welcoming My dad and i loved the gardens my dad a war veteran said the veterans garden stood out for him this garden is to honor the women and men that served

Date of experience: July 2019
Reviewed September 8, 2019 via mobile

As you tour the garden, bear in mind that this is just their second year open to the public and they do much of the maintenance themselves while maintaining a design business.
Having said that, I loved it. Many different themed gardens, Oriental, Bee, Bird & Butterfly, Rose, Tribute, Edible and my favourite, the Colour Wheel. Largest in the world, eight pie shaped sections devoted to a single colour each.
The owners are very friendly and happy to chat or leave you to enjoy on your own. The $10 admission is minimal.
Easy to locate, 15 minutes north of the 401 at Trenton.
Take the opportunity to view this garden now, then go back in a few years and tell all your friends that you saw it first!
Ps, then stop at the Old Bank Cafe in downtown Frankford for lunch.

Date of experience: September 2019
Reviewed August 15, 2018

Terrible place to visit. Absolutely no upkeep of the gardens or grass. Almost all of the flowers were dead and not removed. It was embarassing. There were more tall weeds than flowers or plants. When you drive up, the owner runs out to grab $10. cash from each person, and then totally disappears. She misled me about the size of the gardens, which are not extensive. This place should not even be open until it is properly maintained, let alone charging people $10. each. The owner blamed the poor conditions on not having very much rain, but that would not have effected the fact the long grass was not cut, and the weeds were not pulled or the flowers deadheaded. This is nothing more than a cash grab. They got a boost in business from an article early spring that was written before anyone saw the lack of maintenance in the gardens and are taking advantage of that. The owner claims everyone loves the gardens, but google reviews and reviews on other internet sites, indicate otherwise.

Date of experience: August 2018
6  Thank annista
Reviewed August 9, 2018

Stopped at this new attraction with a dear friend who really wanted to show me the beautiful flowers. We arrived and paid our 10 dollars (a piece) admission and chatted with the owners for a bit. They are a charming couple.

As we started walking through the gardens, it was clearly obvious that we had over paid. I get that there has been little rain, but if you are going to host a botantical garden, I would think a secure water source would be a priority. Ninety percent of the plants were dead with no hope of revival at this point.

None of the flowers in the beds were clearly marked so you had no idea of what you were looking at. The beds were organized and flowed from one area to another with simplicity, but this day there was nothing to look at.

Would suggest you stop at this place early in the spring when things are still colorful.

Date of experience: August 2018