“Always good!”

Ranked #1 of 9 Restaurants in Hastings
Cuisines: Diner, Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: Arrive by car, by boat or by snowmobile, Located on the Trent River at Lock 18 in the Village of Hastings, Ontario. A relaxed, casual family atmosphere with great homemade foods for breakfast, lunch and dinner! Small patio oasis. We loved it for lunch on our way through this village!.
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

This place is always great. The service, the prices, the owners, the customers, the selection and the atmosphere are top notch. This place is awesome. Best restaurant around.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

If you are passing through the town of Hastings Ontario and are hungry for great food, quiet,scenic little spot check out Banjo's. It is located right next to the bridge on the Trent River. The food is excellent, the view superb, and the menu is varied. Something for everyone!

Reviewed August 23, 2012 via mobile

We went on a Thursday night for an early dinner with young kids and were the only ones in the restaurant (there were many more by the time we left). We figured 'great' not too long of a wait for dinner as the kids were hungry. We ordered wings, natchos, chicken and mushroom schnitzel, and pasta with alfrado sauce and soup. We waitress was good, brought drinks and soup out quickly, but we had to wait 45 min for our dinner. 45 min for dinner to arrive at at a fancy restaurant is expected, but not a small town restaurant with no decor. Patients were running thin by the time the food arrived. I have to admit, the food was wonderful....everyone loved the food. It tasted homemade. But the wait was too long. I think it is the norm for this restaurant because friends of ours had the same experience last week. Great food, but expect to wait for it. With hungry kids we may try take out (called ahead) next time.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

Hastings is a very small town but it does have a few restaurants. It's located by a lock on the Trent River. And, this restaurant, Banjos, is right by the river and even has an outdoor patio. It's small -- maybe 10 or 11 tables inside and about five outside. It's warm and friendly here and the menu is relatively extensive with soups and salads, sandwiches (both hot and cold), pastas, burgers, wraps, wings and entrees like steak, chicken and other dishes like that. We ate there twice for dinner and found the food pretty good. I had a bacon,bacon,bacon cheese sandwich which is a grilled cheese sandwich but with extra bacon. it came with a soup or salad and I chose the broccoli corn chowder which was fabulous -- tasted homemade, thick and tasty. I'd love to have the recipe! My husband had chicken Parmesan served over a massive amount of spaghetti and a salad. Second time, I had a Greek salad which, IMO, had too much vinegar, but was fresh. I also had a mushroom, Swiss cheese bacon burger and it was an actual homemade burger! Very good. Our friends had wings which they said were delicious. On average, it costs about $8-12 per person. Service is friendly and so are the other customers. In fact, we made friends with the couple at the next table on our first night and arranged to meet again three nights later. I think this will be the beginning of a nice friendship and we'll visit each other through the year. If you happen to find yourself in Hastings, this is a good place to eat.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

It is a small casual restaurant, but the food and the service is good and the prices are reasonable. My kids really love the strawberry milkshakes!