“Stay at Hardwood Haven”
Review of Hardwood Haven

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Listowel
Hardwood Haven
Ranked #2 of 2 Listowel B&B and Inns
Omaha
“Stay at Hardwood Haven”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I found this place on TripAdvisor web site. Small town in Ontario, Canada I visiting for business. The B&B was very accomodating. Very friendly owners. Great room and very clean. Had a great breakfast served in the morning at the time I requested, I highly recommend this Inn if you need a place to stay in the Listowel, Ontario area.

Room Tip: A very good selection
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jerry O

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed August 14, 2013

This B&B is located downtown listowel close to all shopping and dining. It is an old victorian style house built in 1880. Amazing furnishings and stunning detail. Rooms are spacious and well maintained. The husband and wife owner are simply amazing, tending to every detail, and very helpful. Would love to stay here again! Top Notch!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Randi W
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Ty & Fay were great and the rooms were clean and really well keep. Probably the best B & B I have ever stayed in. Very accommodating. And the food was amazing. The suite is a great value especially if you are staying for a few days as the kitchenette is a nice feature.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Turbbo
Oakville, Canada
Reviewed March 13, 2013

In vain, I have tried to find the adequate words to describe the absolute best time I had at this B&B without sounding like a paid announcement (which I'm not). It isn't just the typical Southern Ontario friendly, courteous, helpful and personable atmosphere one might expect in a small town. It's that Ty & Fay were meant to do this type of work. For them, it is a true calling and an undeniable labor of love from every aspect of this exquisite property. The care and detail to each specific room is amazing. I was proudly putting pictures on my Instagram page. I practically hugged the bible they had displayed on the second floor. They had suggestions for anything I needed or wanted to do. On Sunday, they kindly invited me to their church, which I gladly accepted. Breakfasts were hearty and delicious on beautiful china in a lovely dining area. This was only surpassed by the many, cherished conversations we had. Spontaneously, one night it appeared they were ready to welcome 5 to 6 young men who needed shelter and quickly put out several beds on the top floor. Accommodating beyond the telling of it. This makes me think any young persons travelling in a group could forget about Toronto and come a bit further west by GO train & Kitchener City Cab taxi (which I did) to stay in this very welcoming, Christian B&B. Facing the Main Street, I could have used a heater or fan in my room to block out some noise, but this is simply a personal preference. I still could have lived in the room forever. The main snowmobile trail was about a block away and, I had a lovely few hours hiking, which I also recommend. I came for a peaceful weekend - and thanks to Ty & Fay - received so much more.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Nancy F
Lucan, Ontario
Reviewed November 19, 2012

We recently stayed at Hardwood Haven in Listowel for a weekend Girls' scrapbooking retreat. All of us 8 girls absolutely loved it. The main dining room was large enough to house all of us ladies and all of our scrapbook supplies. Faye and Ty are very friendly and accomodating. The decor of this home is stunning and everyone should see. We loved the meals that Faye provided. Home cooked meals that were amazing!!! The entire experience was top notch and we have already booked our next visit in April 2013. Anyone looking for a great B&B must stop in and stay with the Cross'.
Brenda - Lucan, Ontario

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Brenda H
North Bay
Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

Wonderful one night stay at Hardwood Haven. Very comfortable and great breakfast! Wish we could have stayed longer to chat with the hosts about their lovely home. Don't miss it if you are looking for accommodation in the Listowel area.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Windsor
Reviewed September 16, 2011

I had the opportunity to stay with Ty & Fay over the Labor Day weekend 2011 with my Girlfriend. We were in town for our OBA Baseball tournament. The home was beautiful, the accommodations were more than ever expected, the pricing was excellent and the breakfast was off the chart great. They make you feel like you are in your own home and treat you like royalty. If you have the chance to check out this wonderful B & B in Listowel, you will not be disappointed. Can't wait to stop back in and enjoy another getaway.

Room Tip: The upper family suite is worth the bit extra if its available.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank BigDaddy77

Been to Hardwood Haven? Share your experiences!