“Great service”
Review of Rent a Bike Azores

Rent a Bike Azores
Ranked #4 of 7 things to do in Lagoa
More attraction details
Owner description: Bike rentals for an adventure in Azores Islands. Rent our ebikes and specialized MTB Bikes for a Self-guided Bike Tour or a great ride in Azorean landscapes.
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Very friendly service. Pedro took drove us to great starting point, which we couldn't have found without him. We asked for about 40 km ride and that was spot on. A small snack was packed for everybody, a nice extra touch.

Only negative comment is about bikes. Rear brake on one of them hardly worked and pedalshafts were both bent. Other than that bikes worked fine.

Reviewed April 17, 2014

We rent 2 top quality Specialized MTB's at Rent-a-Bike Azores. The bikes were in excellent condition and we had no flats or any other problem during our trip of 1 week travelling around the Island of São Miguel. We did several rough tracks (following for example the caldeira edge at Sete Cidades or the unsurfaced road in the Serra da Tronquera. Rebt-a-bike Azores arranged for us two Luggage transfers which were carried out very well.
The only thing that could have been better is the repare kit. We missed several things but luckily brought our own stuff. We also missed an explanation of how to adjust the brakes of one of the bikes.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed November 16, 2013

We were on a cruise which stopped in Ponta Delgada. We had one day to see the island, and wanted to do it by bike. Rent-a-bike Azores were awesome in designing an itinerary and meeting us at the port. When our one day turned out to be rainy (and too cold for all that riding), our guide took us around the island personally and made sure we had a great time on our visit. You just don't get that kind of attention from huge tour operators. We really appreciated it.

If you are headed to the Azores and want to do some biking, I highly recommend Rent-a-bike Azores. They'll do whatever they need to so that your time with them is memorable.

1  Thank James S
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Sao Miguel is great place for cycling. You will find there many routs with various difficulty. Generally you can get on bicycle everywhere, it depends on your experience and strength.
You should be prepared for mountain sections with high terrain denivelation. Roads quality is high and drivers behavior very gentle. We were cycling for 5 days in October. Weather was different each day. Interior is often cloudy and higher in mountains you could find mist and rain.
I can recommend rout between Ponta Delgada and Furnas. Most of road fallows along seashore. At the end of journey You can relax in hot natural pools in Furnas. All of this You can do, thanks to RentABike Azores. They provide good MTB bikes with additional facilities for your safety. They are excellent informed about conditions on the island so their advises are valuable. They guarantee service in case You have any problems on the road.

We sincerely recommend.
Chris and Kate

2  Thank Chris_Kate_Kolinski
See more reviews
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Island crossing with a mountain bike was my plan.

Base Camp in Ponta Delgada - then facing west for Sete Cidades thereafter turning and heading step by step to Nordeste in far east of Sao Miguel - but staying flexible for wheather, body influence and recommendations

I was short decided and did my tour plan within three days,
figuring out whether Sao Miguel is a good place to cycle,
finding nice and makeable tours with clean and interesting places for overnight,
were nearly as important as finding a relieable bike and a partner to have somehow an insurance if someting fails on the tour.

Why I the decided for "Rent a Bike Azores":
- very good homepage, giving me all base information I needed and some more on one view
- feedback within hours, giving me additional information and individual offer for my tour concept
- bringing the bike to the hotel and pick up service of bike and biker
- variety of bikes, for me a hard tail with full suspension and disk breaks for my planned hilly tour
- the right questions to select the best matching bike and size(s) (wheel and frame)
- special wishes like a front light was no problem
- assistance for my tour planning and giving good recommendations

Why I was happy with my decision:
- bike was brought to the hotel in Ponta Delgada on time
- I got the "additional and emergency equipment" as clarified
- bike was well maintained and everything working
- communication was easy during my tour
- flexible pick up service worked (only my first two tour days were fix planned, then I planned a few options and even my final target was not sure until the end)

About the people:
- young sympathic familial team
- living their idea with enthuasism, very kind and reliable
- hospitality!
- sharing the passion for biking and outdoor sports
- very open for ideas and eager for improving their service

Sevices which I did not use but I think others may like:
- E-bikes - giving the possibilites for those who loves the enviroment but are not sure whether the hills are to hard for vacation
- guided tours
- day tour concept giving the opportunity to get the fillets only

Beatriz & Pedro thanks a lot for making my tour work!

Hope I have the possibilty to come back to Azores, take a bike and just go for hopping the islands.

2  Thank mikeaway