White Horse Ridgewell
$48
$47
$74
$62
The Crown Hotel(Long Melford)(Great Value!)
$101
$98
The Bull(Long Melford)(Great Value!)
$81
Black Lion Hotel(Long Melford)
$128
$106
$94
$85
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 21, 2012

Stayed here for work recently and was thoroughly impressed. Excellent rooms, very clean and with a lovely breakfast! The attached pub produces food that is exceptional and very reasonable in price. A good selection of beers and friendly staff. Can't fault it in any way!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 11, 2012

Went here for lunch on Easter Sunday whilst staying for a week in Ridgewell. Whilst there wasn't an extensive menu (three different roasts and a vegetarian option), the food was excellent and enjoyed by all of the family, including both children (aged 2 and 5). Between us we had the roast chicken, roast pork and quiche, all of which were fantastic and served with a variety of veg and roast potatoes. I would have liked a slightly larger choice of desserts. As I didn't like either of the options I chose ice cream like the children which I enjoyed as it was good quality ice cream. I am also told by my Mum that it was one of the best Eton Mess desserts she has ever tasted!

For the quality of the food, the price is great value and the service was good. The pub has a nice traditional feel to it and I would recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 21, 2011

The poor reviews here do not reflect my, and my children's experience of this inn, and it definitely deserves a better rating.

The White Horse is located in Ridgewell, a pleasant but not overly picturesque Essex village. For me and my two children, it was a one-night base camp, and met our requirements perfectly.

The pub, although not in pristine condition, should certainly not be described as 'very run down'. We ate there on a Friday evening, and I have to say the Lowestoft fish and chips were among the best I've had, and my children were equally complimentary. Little did they know, our three dishes cost a total of only £12. Find better value that that if you can.

If the pub was good, the accommodation, set behind it in more modern style, was excellent. Our room, which was actually two rooms, was warm, clean, and lovingly decorated, right down to the teddies on the children's beds.

While experiences can of course vary, I had no complaints about the White Horse Inn at Ridgewell, and would have no hesitation in staying there again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2011

We went to the white horse for a meal in the week for the first time and were let down by the poor quality and portions of food, the pub itself was very run down and smelt greasy. The attitude of the landlord was disgusting, and the place was not child friendly

I do not reccomend

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Amy548739
Reviewed January 16, 2011

Me and my family went for a Sunday lunch not many people there so could sit where we wanted which was nice, ordered drinks and our meal which was roast chicken, received our meal, the chicken was very hard and bland tasting, the veg had no taste and the yorkshires were all stogey in the middle,

wouldn't recommend this resturant unless your hungry.

Don't know what the rooms are like so no comment there sorry

• Stayed: January 2011