“Lefkara Hotel”

Lefkara Hotel & Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 4 Pano Lefkara B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Occupying a restored historic building and including an ancient church, the Lefkara Hotel provides a tranquil escape from the coastal resorts of Cyprus. The buildings are ranged around a peaceful courtyard providing a glimpse of a traditional Cypriot home in this charming small town. The rooms have character and provide a comfortable night’s sleep. I visited off-season and, although there was a limited menu, the food was excellent. Good breakfast to set me on my way in the morning.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank HBtourist
There are newer reviews for Lefkara Hotel & Restaurant

Reviewed December 27, 2012

A delightful converted monastery in the heart of one of the most picturesque villages in the foothills of Cyprus, lots of character, a warm welcome and superb food, even down to the choice of yoghurts for breakfast. The owners were very concerned for my comfort. I was there in mid-winter with a blazing log fire in the eating hall (restaurant is not the right word). The room was plain but comfortable and clean. Half the fun is getting there through the winding streets.

Room Tip: Go for a room overlooking the inner courtyard.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank 693David_L
Reviewed December 26, 2012

We went to Lefkara hotel 2years before, is a nice and old place located in Lefkara.
Rooms were very pleasant and clean, at night time is extremely quiet place, unless there is a big event in the village.

Food menu was very limited, but surprisingly very tasty,
I would recommend to anyone who is willing to have a different experience in a quiet and traditional village in Cyprus.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cy C
Reviewed May 28, 2012

The hotel and room were clean and tidy
Very noisy as a wedding was on in the church next door also locals sitting outside talking loudly

No drinks menu available, got a shock when the bill came as a large can of beer was 6 euros and no receipt was given

No receipt was given when we paid the bill on departure

Room Tip: Room at the back of hotel
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 25, 2012

To me Lefkara village has always been synonymous to over-commercialization and profiteering from tourists. Despite its beauty I seldom take friend there just because of that. So when some friends suggested we have lunch at the Lefkara Hotel and Restaurant, I was sure I would be subjected to the usual ‘touristic’ treatment, i.e. overpriced poor food and lousy service. Experience however was to prove me wrong. The place is charming, the service good and the food excellent for this type of place. Not to mention that the price was very reasonable, coming to € 12 per person for a one course meal, a carafe of very drinkable local white wine and a couple of soft drinks, and that included the tip.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank al29252
Reviewed May 4, 2012

My partner and I stayed at the hotel in chilly mid March and were the first guests of the year! The hotel doesn't have many rooms and we had been worried that it was sold out as it said only one room left on some of the booking websites, however we were the only guests! The staff were very kind to us and I half think they may have given us their own dinner that night and they also kindly let us build up a fire in the main room to sit around and gave us a free glass of wine. They were still opening the rooms / hotel up and had not expected us but they made us feel very welcome. Thanks again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 30, 2012

This is my second visit to this hotel and I just returned from Cyprus where I spent 2 nights during Easter here. I had the best memories from my last stay so I thought why not booking here once again and truly I did not regret it.

It is a petite complex made of 10 individually designed rooms with character and architectural style. This time I was given a single room overlooking the small interior garden.

The chef I met on my previous trip is no longer working here, but I was still very impressed with the home-made cuisine of the new cook. Don’t expect to find gourmet dishes any more but the hotel is mostly on the Cypriot traditional cuisine and after chatting with several guests I can tell that the dishes which are prepared each day are mostly appreciated, - even better than before because the people coming to Lefkara mostly want to taste the local dishes. I tasted a couple while here. “Magiristsa” the Easter traditional soup was superb and I also tasted “salmadakia” which was the dish of the day that was just as good.
I was amazed that instead of having biscuits from the market, the new cook makes cakes and biscuits herself which accompany the afternoon tea or coffee upon request and are even served at breakfast.

Instead of the continental buffet in the morning, the new cook asks if you would like an egg or some sausages and presents a very nice plate arrangement that includes cheese, ham or sausage, cucumber, olives, bread , butter and jam and cake. Personally I enjoyed this new change in the kitchen. The guests have the luxury of receiving personalized service because it is a miniature mountain hotel with only 10 rooms and this can easily be achieved.

The rooms are very comfortable with bright white linen and decorative cushions, mirror and hairdryer, and upon request one can ask for a teapot to prepare coffee or tea up in the room. A jar of water was brought to me for the night as well. The satellite TV functions well with different channels not only from Cyprus or Greece but from European countries as well.
Wi Fi Internet is fast and free here so this is again something I count a lot on.

Lefkara is a “Must Visit” village with much history. It used to be the biggest and one of the major towns in Cyprus at the time of the Renaissance, and it attracts thousands of tourists the year round. It has some very narrow streets with very old stone-built houses that keep the traditional character of the village. The Lefkarian architecture is unique as it blends traditional, Venetian and Neo-Classical styles. The round area is full of olive trees and there are still two 1.000 year old olive tree fields in Lefkara.

The hotel is situated in Pano Lefkara, and in the area there are 15 Churches and Chapels most of which are hidden from eye. One such is the ancient church of St. Mamas in the hotel’s walls….amazing and true. The village prides for the “Lefkaritika Lace” and is listed by UNESCO as World’s Intangible Cultural Heritage. I urge tourists not to be taken in by some locals who might try to sell them machine made embroidery instead of the authentic Lefkaritika lace. An expert eye can easily distinguish them and the difference is obvious undoubtedly, but I just mention it to stress that they should be alert. The Lefkaritika lace is very expensive indeed but behind each piece of art as I call it there are endless hours of work. The reason I mentioned about the cheap alternatives is that I found much imitation pieces this time so don’t be tricked!!

So, finally I finish my review by urging people to spend at least a day or two at Pano Lefkara and book at this Unique and Stylish miniature mountain hotel as it differs from all the rest.
To come to Lefkara by bus get to the bus stop at Phinikoudes promenade and there is a signpost with the exact time schedule. Ask for more information through the Tourist Information Office which is only 100 metres opposite the yacht marina.
Highly recommended and I would surely book here again on my next visit to Lefkara.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business