“Lovely”
Review of Club Simena

Club Simena
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Karsiyaka
Reviewed June 24, 2011

Had a lovely week here and even considering moving to the area. Early season so the hotel was very quiet so easy to enjoy the fabulous pool area and water slides, plenty of beds and space.
Food was nice but limited choice of hot food, usual goood choice of Cypriot starters.
We will almost certainly return next year with more of the family.

Room Tip: All rooms very comfortable
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Edsveta

Reviewed June 12, 2011

First of all dont expect luxury because you will not be happy.
This hotel is located not far from sempati hotel, which is beyond lapta going away from kyrenia. Its perfect to use as a base if you have a car. Otherwise I wouldnt stay here. The turkish breakfast offerred here was buffet style and pretty good compared to other hotels in north cyprus where we have stayed. The price here outside the peak season with companies like alpharooms is a very good price comparatively. ie about £12pp per night based on double or triple occupancy. the rooms are basic but good with powerful hot water and tv etc. theres also a good pool area and free parking. i would stay here again mainly for the value for money- its perfect as a base for travelling around lapta/kyrenia/buffavento/kape kormakatis etc etc
i would say think of a slightly run down 3 star place with quite good food.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
8  Thank hotelreview123
Reviewed January 7, 2011

This will be our third year staying at club simena as a large group, each year our group gets bigger last year there was 70 of us this year i think there will be 100 of us enjoying the beautiful surroundings of the hotel. The staff from the moment we arrive cannot do enough for us and have become friends, if there is any problems at all it is resolved straight away. The children and adults with us all love the new slides and the pool bar is well used by all. The bungalows are cleaned everyday and have all you need in them, and everyday the gardener is out working hard maintaining the lovely gardens and you often get given a rose with a smile from him. The dolmas stops outside and will stop and drop you off along the road near the beach or take you to town its so easy. We cant wait to come back see you soon.

• Stayed: July 2010
7  Thank Gill96
Reviewed October 26, 2010

Stayed at club Simena for 1 week.Neither my wife or myself saw any problems with cats over and above the usual for the Med.Food was very good with a variety of starters.Main meal varied and excellent.Staff were first class this includes cleaners etc, I have always taken what brochures have to say with a pinch of salt, sometimes quite a big one.But everything I saw at Simena was well above average.My only gripe about North Cyprus is the amount of filthy rubbish strewn about off the beaten track.The so called beach 1 kilo from Simena is to be avoided like the plague. But then so are most N,Cyprus beaches.I have scored my holiday full marks because we made our holiday what we wanted.By the way the people of N/Cyprus are way more friendly than the French and mainland Turkey.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rubydog2
Reviewed September 25, 2010

Advertises a gym, sauna,pool table,kitchens in bungalows, courtesy bus,mini golf etc, dont be fooled, no gym,no sauna,no cues ,.balls,only a kettle in our room,no courtesy bus,mini golf flooded and grown over.Aircon kept blowing hot air when you could get it to work,same food over and over again and left going dry with flies,cats all over at meal times actually being allowed to eat from plates that should have been cleared,if you turned your back cats would steal your food.Staff were polite and attentive though and tried their best.Complained to Cyprus Premier Holidays who took 90 days to even action it after numerous calls and emails,offered 10% reduction on a further booking!!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank PENNYROCK
Reviewed September 20, 2010

I went with group of 72 people in September which I arranged from Kent. I had been to the club before and am probably one of the Hillbillies as I have been there in the evenings for Karaoke. With this in mind i thought it would be worth returning to.

I can only say how pleased I am we made the decision to return. The staff could not have be more helpful in every respect.

Yes there may be a kettle missing and some of the rooms have one sink which is in the bathroom but this is a hotel and not a timeshare resort. The Colony Hotel does not have a kettle in the room or tea and coffee facilities.

The pool was lovely, and never crowded. Once the music was playing round the pool bar it was just like a bit of heaven on earth, fantastic. What a place to while away the time.

We had a great time on the slides which were free to use all day but just be careful as it can be a little slippery from the pool to back to the stairs.

It is a great location because even though it is 16km from Kyrenia, the Dolmus runs constantly and costs only 3.5 YTL to go all the way. So all of the major beaches and the major town are only a short, cheap ride away.

The food was excellent and I chose it because I thought that if it was not much good then I would lose nothing due to the low cost. As it turned out the food was so good that I did not want to eat out. The breakfast is very filling as is the usual food you would find in Cyprus. We had boiled eggs and sausages for the English touch and when I asked for egg on toast I got it.

The pool bar did lovely food all day and a Full English Breakfast is only 10 YTL. I used to opt for the Tuna Salad at 8 YTL (just under £4). Consequently I ate more than I have for years.

There is some Gym Stuff but my advice is to go up and down the slides 20 times and you will have had enough exercise and much more fun.

As value for money goes this is unbeatable.

My thanks to Erbil, Ahmed, Erdul, The Chef, Serif, Taner, Hamza, Mustafa and Metin.

Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Barrington55
Reviewed May 9, 2010

We stayed at this hotel at the beginning of May, and I cannot fault it at all.
The staff were fantastic and so helpful, it was so clean and the food in the clubhouse was superb, and priced very reasonable. It is located about a 15 min drive from the main town (Kyrenia) so it made it a very peaceful and relaxing break. I would recommend it to all ages and families alike.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
5  Thank Gillsboy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Karsiyaka
Hotel Sempati
#2 of 7 in Lapta
Mountain View Hotel & Villas
Mountain View Hotel & Villas
#1 of 3 in Agios Georgios

Been to Club Simena? Share your experiences!