“Great if your desperate and a cardboard box isn't your thing.”

Burwood Bed & Breakfast
Burwood Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 3 Burwood B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My original review was taken down after the staff contacted me and requested that I remove my post. I declined however agreed/compromised to specify on this website that I was staying at the lodge rather than in the B&B rooms at the time of my complaint.. unfortunately I have stayed in the B&B rooms previously and found it no different. The staff were offended and could not understand why I would post something like this... ? blind or in complete denial. Seems to only be two ladies running the property so perhaps the problem is staffing but people need to see the state of this place if they are considering staying here! The photos attached are taken from one of the lodge rooms (same residence, different wing). Here is my original post.

The only pros being that it is close to the College of Nursing and reasonably cheap, approx $350 for 5 nights. Ideal if you just want somewhere cheap and don't mind roughing it a little bit. The photos on the website are grossly inaccurate - its smelly, dirty and very run down. I've stayed in hostels/backpackers much cleaner than this! Each time I've stayed, the rooms smell like a mixture of pot purri, cigarettes and wet dog. The sheets and towels are very worn (my last towel for the 5 nights had 2 holes and multiple stains), the bed sheets have had stains each time and twice I've found hair in the bed. Make sure you bring a shower cap as 2 of the 3 times I've stayed the shower not only sprays from the shower head, but in all directions from the wall. Also bring plenty of warm clothes as its freezing and no heating is available. Two of the three times I've stayed in rooms which have had broken venetian blinds and so luckily have had towels from home to hang up for privacy. Numerous suspect fluid stains and smears on the walls by the bed which no doubt have been there for a while.

Room Tip: Bring your own heater, breakfast, shower cap, linen, pillows ect !
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Melissa M

Reviewed June 29, 2012

I walked in and I was very shocked it looks nothing like the Web page. It was cold,dark and smelt discussing. I was ment to stay for a week and I left straight away, there was no way I was even staying 1 night in that place. would not recommend at all.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank kingyb
Reviewed April 13, 2012

Nice friendly staff,not bad,stayed a couple of nights.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Katina S
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Had to stay for a week and two nights, and what can I say the devil wouldnt stay there. Inch gaps under the doors, shabby door locks, stained sheets, horrible smell from the fridge, no foxtel (false advertisement) furniture in tatters. Would highly recommend not staying here priced way over budget also.

• Stayed: February 2012
4  Thank Srhunty
Reviewed November 16, 2011

I arrived on a late flight and it was impossible to find a room in Sydney tonight. I ended up at the Burwood B and B rather than pay $400 a night plus for the few remaining hotel rooms downtown. When I saw how bad it was I wondered if I would have been better off sleeping at the airport or paying the $400. Only stay here if you are comfortable with dumpy places.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Pleasantjourneys
Reviewed October 24, 2010

the place has a lot of potential but needs work...
location near a large train station and 20min to the city
service not great but rooms OK
very basic breakfast with dining area needing an upgrade
OK value for money but wont stay there for and extended period

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
6  Thank hermanjvr

Been to Burwood Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!