“The SHOCK of my life”

Boronia Lodge Burwood
Ranked #1 of 3 Burwood B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Despite the beautiful photo's. Don't be fooled, the family room which was allocated to us had enormous cracks of the walls, roof and doors. All cutlery were disgusting. It was not washed. The fan was broken, the TV did not work. It was a nightmare.
All, please don't waste your money at this place. For the rate we payed we could of stayed at a 4 star hotel.
We thought this lodge would be something different. I assure you it was different, it is the worst accommodation we have stayed at.

• Stayed: December 2013
4  Thank Purplelov
Maddy123123, Manager at Boronia Lodge Burwood, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, albeit certainly not the type of review that Boronia Lodge is used to. We wholeheartedly refute your comments regarding our service, cleanliness, and room amenities. Boronia Lodge is constantly undertaking refurbishment of rooms to ensure that our guests have a comfortable stay in this beautiful old period home. Previous reviews from very satisfied customers hopefully will right the injustice you have done this grand old lady.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

Had to search for a motel recently due to a major event in Sydney meaning most accommodation was booked out. My search was well worth the effort when I fund this lovely place. Buwrood is only 10 minutes from the city (on express train) and the lodge is a 10 minute walk from the station. The house is a lovely old building full of charm and character. Jen, the manager was very accommodating, moving me to a quiet room after I mentioned that I was a light sleeper. It is more like being in a friends bedroom than a motel room.
There was milk and cereal in the room for brekky, although there was only full cream milk not skim so I skipped brekky.
The bathroom was a bit on the tiny side, but as I was staying by myself it wasnt an issue.
I stayed in Room 12, which wasn't air conditioned, again this wasnt an issue as the weather was fine, however, if you were staying in the warm weather, you might like to ask for one of the air conditioned rooms as due to the style of the windows, they dont have screens to keep bugs out at night.
I would definitely recommend this motel and if I were attending an event at Olympic Park, Homebush this would be my choice of accommodation. Thank you Jen for a wonderful stay :)

Room Tip: If the weather is warm, ask for an air conditioned room; windows can be opened but have no screens t...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Donnabee4
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We were staying overnight Saturday night to attend the football at ANZ Stadium. We arrived around 1.00 pm and checked in, then walked to the station (only a few hundred metres) and caught the train into Sydney. Later in the afternoon we caught the train back out, only problem was that not many trains seem to stop at Burwood, so we ended up getting off at the station after and catching a taxi back to Burwood. Later we caught the train to Strathfield and changed to an express to Olympic Park. After the game we caught the train to Lidcome and then changed and got off at Burwood and walked back to Boronia Lodge, which was pretty easy. The room was nice and clean and had everything that we needed. It had a small kitchenette and bathroom and the bed was very comfy. We had a good night's sleep until the alarm went off at 6.00 am. We were able to park the car off the street and left very early on Sunday morning. Cereal was included for breakfast. Great value and a good location, I would highly recommend Boronia Lodge whether you are attending an event at Olympic Park, or if you want to commute into Sydney it is much cheaper than staying in the city.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 26, 2013

This is a great boutique hotel. The most comfortable sleep ever. Our hostess was very friendly and helpful. The room was great , great ensuite, and kitchenette. Lots of hanging space in wardrobe. We will definitely be staying again. Quiet street close to Westfield mall and train station. Best location. Overall great stay

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 26, 2013

The Boronia Hotel is located in a very peaceful street. A very short walk to the train station and a Westfield Shopping Centre. My husband and I (both in our 50's), felt both comfortable and relaxed on entering this beautiful old house. Our bed (double) was the most comfortable I have ever slept in re hotel accommodation (we travel overseas on a regular basis). The en-suite was quite spacious and very clean. Our host 'Jennifer' was very helpful in our reservation booking and also on meet and greet. On check out we told Jennifer we would definitely be back again when we were next in Sydney.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We stayed hre again on a recent trip to Sydney for concerts. The booking process was seamless, and the whole experience, wonderful. Not a standard hotel, and not a B&B, but rather a unique pleasant, very comfortable, welcoming accommodation option, located in a central Sydney aea (Greater Sydney, not the CBD) 10 minute drive from downtown. Short 10 minute, comfortable, flat stroll into Burwood main street and shopping centre.

Stayed in an ensuite twin room, on fhe front verandah, and were very comfortable, with a mini kitchennette consisting of a bar fridge, microwave, kettle, coffee, tea, cereal, and plunger coffee! There in a full size kitchen in the building also, as this establishment is a converted, beautiful old home in a quiet, safe, leafy street.

We'll be back... what more can I say!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 23, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Boronia Lodge for 3 nights. We found the accommodation to be comfortable and had all the facilities that you required. The thing we liked about Boronia was that it was in the middle of a busy suburb, but the area it was in was very quite, especially at night. It was very convenient to Westfield Shopping Centre and restaurants. The selection of restaurants within walking distance of Boronia was impressive.

You could walk to the railway station within 15 minutes, and then you could travel to any part of Sydney. We went to the football at Olympic Stadium and it was so convenient getting there by public transport. As I said we were there for 3 nights and hardly used our car. For the price of the rooms I think it is excellent value for money in Sydney.

Jenny, who managed Boronia was very friendly and more than willing to help, if you had any issues. Even though the accommodation is definitely not 5 star, it has a great cosy feel about it. You definitely get a good night sleep. WI Fi is available if required.

I would definitely recommend Boronia to anyone who is looking for a budget option in Sydney. You will definitely get value for money.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burwood
Comfort Inn & Suites Burwood
Shilla Lodge Hotel
Shilla Lodge Hotel
#2 of 4 in Strathfield
1 mi away
Strathfield Executive Accommodation

Been to Boronia Lodge Burwood? Share your experiences!