We had a great experience staying at the Vines Resort in January this year. We were there on a Seven Deadly Sins Gluttony package which was purchased for my partner and me as a gift. The location of the resort is far enough away from the city that you really feel like you have gone much further afield, but in reality it is only a 45 minute drive from the city, and you get to travel through the beautiful Swan Valley to get there.
On arrival we were pleased to be told we had been upgraded to an executive suite (we should have only had a basice resort room). The room was enormous with a separate living room and huge bathroom with a large spa bath. The room was very clean and nicely firnished, with complimentary coffee pod machine and also a mini bar and two TVs. The only downside to the room was that the bath took forever to fill, the water flowed from the tap very slowly so I had to wait about half an hour before I could step in and enjoy a nice soak.
We spent the afternoon by the pool. The pool is large with an adequate amount of sunbeds and towels are provided for guests. It was Australia Day weekend so I'm not sure if this was the reason for the following but the pool was very crowded with noisy children, many of whom appeared to be unsupervised by parents. There were ducks and ducklings swimming about in the busy pool and many of these children were terrifying the little ducks by being so boisterous and trying to chase them around the pool. I'm not sure if the pool area is always so busy with kids but if this is the case the resort could benefit from a kids club to allow adults who wish to relax quietly by the pool to do so without ball games and shrieking children and teenagers disturbing the peace non stop. The clientele appeared to be mainly "cashed up bogans" which I think contributed to the negative, unrelaxing vibe. Luckily I am young enough for it not to have been too much of an issue, but I think anyone older could have found it to be too big of an annoyance. The hotel looks a little tired and could do with a major refurbishment, it could do with modernising in my opinion.
We had dinner in the Muscats restaurant as part of our package. The semi a la carte set up is a great idea. The starter consisted of a buffet - mainly seafood - which enabled us to eat as much crab, prawns, oysters and fish as we liked. Fantastic as I enjoy seafood, not much else to choose from if you don't. The mains were ok, nice and tasty but nothing special, and the dessert was once again a buffet, which consisted of several delicious cakes cut into generous slabs. The following morning we enjoyed breakfast in the same restaurant which was also a buffet, and I have to say it was one of the best breakfast buffets I have had. There was a very extensive choice of hot food and bread/pastries as well as fruit and cereal, which left us feeling very full and satisfied.
There didn't seem to be much communication between the different areas of the hotel with regards to our voucher package, as we had to remind people several times that we were on a package therefore everything had already been pre-paid. I had to mention this twice at dinner as well as when we checked out despite having already handed over the voucher when we arrived. There needs to be a better system in place to avoid having to mention the voucher at every turn.
Overall a pleasant stay. We left the hotel feeling relaxed and refreshed. The room upgrade and the food were the main highlights for me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Novotel Vines Resort Swan Valley is in Western Australia's oldest wine growing region, just 35 minutes from Perth city centre. The resort features 103 NEWLY RENOVATED (2015) hotel rooms, 53 apartments, 2 restaurants, 2 bars, Day Spa, a swimming pool, outdoor spa, gym, tennis and squash courts. There is also a 36 hole championship golf course and conference facilities for up to 260 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Novotel Vines Resort Swan Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Swan Valley The Vines Hotel The Vines
- Novotel Hotel Perth
- Novotel Resort Perth
- Novotel Perth
- The Novotel Vines Resort Swan Valley The Vines