“Better than expected”

The Novotel Vines Resort Swan Valley
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in The Vines
“Better than expected”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

We had a great experience staying at the Vines Resort in January this year. We were there on a Seven Deadly Sins Gluttony package which was purchased for my partner and me as a gift. The location of the resort is far enough away from the city that you really feel like you have gone much further afield, but in reality it is only a 45 minute drive from the city, and you get to travel through the beautiful Swan Valley to get there.

On arrival we were pleased to be told we had been upgraded to an executive suite (we should have only had a basice resort room). The room was enormous with a separate living room and huge bathroom with a large spa bath. The room was very clean and nicely firnished, with complimentary coffee pod machine and also a mini bar and two TVs. The only downside to the room was that the bath took forever to fill, the water flowed from the tap very slowly so I had to wait about half an hour before I could step in and enjoy a nice soak.

We spent the afternoon by the pool. The pool is large with an adequate amount of sunbeds and towels are provided for guests. It was Australia Day weekend so I'm not sure if this was the reason for the following but the pool was very crowded with noisy children, many of whom appeared to be unsupervised by parents. There were ducks and ducklings swimming about in the busy pool and many of these children were terrifying the little ducks by being so boisterous and trying to chase them around the pool. I'm not sure if the pool area is always so busy with kids but if this is the case the resort could benefit from a kids club to allow adults who wish to relax quietly by the pool to do so without ball games and shrieking children and teenagers disturbing the peace non stop. The clientele appeared to be mainly "cashed up bogans" which I think contributed to the negative, unrelaxing vibe. Luckily I am young enough for it not to have been too much of an issue, but I think anyone older could have found it to be too big of an annoyance. The hotel looks a little tired and could do with a major refurbishment, it could do with modernising in my opinion.

We had dinner in the Muscats restaurant as part of our package. The semi a la carte set up is a great idea. The starter consisted of a buffet - mainly seafood - which enabled us to eat as much crab, prawns, oysters and fish as we liked. Fantastic as I enjoy seafood, not much else to choose from if you don't. The mains were ok, nice and tasty but nothing special, and the dessert was once again a buffet, which consisted of several delicious cakes cut into generous slabs. The following morning we enjoyed breakfast in the same restaurant which was also a buffet, and I have to say it was one of the best breakfast buffets I have had. There was a very extensive choice of hot food and bread/pastries as well as fruit and cereal, which left us feeling very full and satisfied.

There didn't seem to be much communication between the different areas of the hotel with regards to our voucher package, as we had to remind people several times that we were on a package therefore everything had already been pre-paid. I had to mention this twice at dinner as well as when we checked out despite having already handed over the voucher when we arrived. There needs to be a better system in place to avoid having to mention the voucher at every turn.

Overall a pleasant stay. We left the hotel feeling relaxed and refreshed. The room upgrade and the food were the main highlights for me.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ellie_in_Perth
Charity C, Guest Relations Manager at The Novotel Vines Resort Swan Valley, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Swan Valley Vines Resort. It is always a pleasure to receive feedback.

It is with great delight that I read you had a pleasant stay which was relaxing and refreshing. I am glad you enjoyed the location of the resort, the room upgrade and the food.

Please rest assured that I have taken note of your concerns and measures are in place to address the matters, to ensure we offer you a better service in the future.

Regarding the busy pool area, on Australia Day we had a pool party and we always have a duty manager onsite who does regular checks and monitors the pool.

We are also currently in the process of refurbishing the resort. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Kind Regards,

Charity Chola

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
  • Indonesian first
Mandurah, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Let me first say the Cafe bar food was horrible. We ate here for lunch, on the menu the food sounded fantastic, but when it came out it was so bland and I just could not eat it. We decided to eat in so we ordered room service for tea. We ordered the steak sandwich and boy was it disappointing. The steak was stewed and instead of a sandwich it came out on a bun. We ordered it at 5.40 to be delivered at 7.00pm, by 7.20 it still had not arrived so I called to find where our order was? The lady was quiet rude and said she would have to investigate why it had not arrived as she did not take the order. I did ask to be called back as she couldn't give me an answer on the time of arrival, by this time we were so hungry, only to be disappointed by stewd steak yuck!!! On the positive, reception was fantastic and the accomodation and pool area was amazing. The main restaurant is not open on a Sunday this is why we had to eat in the cafe bar. Would I eat here again, I think my food is so much better, not unless they drastically improved their Standards. Left very disappointed

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Amanda R
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Swan Valley Vines Resort. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Novotel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the concerns you raised to ensure we offer you a better service in the future.

We appreciate your sharing your review, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Sydney
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014

visited here on a Swan Valley drive for the 50% Accor advantage + but didn't get this discount as the Bar did not accept this discount. imagine staying in the middle of nowhere in the Swan Valley with family kids etc.. not being able to get a discount at lunch time. The Resort is similar to the Mercure Pines and Golf Resort on the Gold Coast, but without the family feeling. Similar in terms of having a Golf Course but does not have the grand entry most Novotel, Pullman and Mercure have like fountains, ponds of fish, wrap around pool its more of a suburb mixed with a retirement village they built the Hotel in the middle. We ordered the mushroom hamburgers the cheapest thing on the menu and they were ok a bit overpriced. I probably wouldn't be staying here if you want to get to Perth quickly.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Charity C, Guest Relations Manager at The Novotel Vines Resort Swan Valley, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Dear Guest

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014

Brilliant location in the Swan Valley, close to wineries, breweries and the chocolate factory.Great facility for the family or couple with swimming pool and restraunts on site. Rooms are spacious and well maintained, and spacious enough a family of four. Staff are very friendly and willing to help.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to review The Novotel Vines Resort Swan Valley and sharing your wonderful experience about your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, particularly the unique location of the resort, swimming pool, restaurants, spacious rooms and great service from the staff.

Thank you once again for your feedback, it is really appreciated. I will definitely share with the team at The Vines.

We hope to welcome you back on your next visit soon.

Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

Fantastic hotel at the top of the Swan Valley, great bars and food. The pool area is large and lots of chairs/loungers. Kangaroos on the golf course at dusk. Only negative was the noisy room service trolleys, really noisy when wheeled down the corridor. Staff were great at reception and in the bar.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Swan Valley Vines Resort. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

It is with great delight that I read you enjoyed the pool area, kangaroos on the golf course as well as bars and food.

Warm Regards

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

I love everything about it ...my husband and I recently stayed with our two daughters and was a wonderful experience , very relaxing and great fun for kids and whole family... The food at Muscat resturant is delicious..and beautiful surrounds...Can't wait to go back again ..

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Sandra C
Charity C, Guest Relations Manager at The Novotel Vines Resort Swan Valley, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to review The Novotel Vines Resort Swan Valley and sharing your experience.

It is with great delight that I read your whole family enjoyed and had a relaxing stay. I am glad that the food was delicious and you liked the surroundings.

We look forward to welcoming you again for another memorable fun filled stay.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

Very relaxing hotel, friendly staff and beautiful room. I will go there again in a flash! Although, the only negative is the over priced restaurant - dinner buffet was $49.50 per person. I guess you can expect that at hotels though.

• Stayed January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to review the resort and sharing with us your experience at The Novotel Vine Resort Swan Valley.

It is with great delight that I read you would highly recommend our resort. I am happy that you had a relaxing experience and found the staff friendly.

Please rest assured that I have taken note of the concern you raised and measures are being taken to address the matter.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon for another memorable relaxing stay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near The Vines
The Rose & Crown Hotel
#1 of 1 in Guildford
East Perth
Fraser Suites Perth
Swan Valley Oasis Resort
#1 of 2 in Henley Brook

Been to The Novotel Vines Resort Swan Valley? Share your experiences!