“I am glad that I have switched over from Hyatt Club” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
The Novotel Vines Resort Swan Valley
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in The Vines
Perth, Australia
“I am glad that I have switched over from Hyatt Club”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

The receptionist Anastasia was so wonderful to make me feel comfortable and welcome. She is a great asset for the hotel. The room was also better than that of Hyatt, spacious & comfortable. However the TV was a let down and mediocre for the hotel. It must be replaced with a latest model. The step for the spa was too sharp that I have bruised both ankles and it was very painful. I am still suffering from the injury. If it were a nasty client the hotel could have been sued. It should be rectified. The golf course was a bonus that I and my wife enjoyed very much. We will come back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

VinesResort, Manager at The Novotel Vines Resort Swan Valley, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Thanks for your recent visit to the Novotel Vines Resort and for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor.

It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and Anastasia looked after you at Reception. We will ensure to pass on your feedback to her. It is also lovely to know that you made the most of your stay with a game of golf!

We look forward to seeing you back again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
  • Indonesian first
Eaton
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

Large resort, well kept golf course, which my husband says was a pleasure to play. Resort rooms large, comfortable bed, everything was clean. Disappointed with shower over the bath. Disliked no free wifi in room, reception informed we had 30minutes free in the lobby. You do need transport, but very close to all the Swan Valley has to offer. Train stations 15 minutes away for trip to Perth. There are many great places to dine 10 minutes away by car. Plenty to do for a few days.Service in golf shop and all golf team members excellent. If you want to stay take advantage of the half price offers advertised from time to time.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
VinesResort, Manager at The Novotel Vines Resort Swan Valley, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay at the Novotel Vines Resort.

It is lovely to hear that your husband enjoyed the golf course - we will ensure to pass on your lovely words to our golf course team.

We strive to ensure our rooms are of the highest standard and you would be happy to know we are in the process of renovating our hotel rooms in early 2014 with the removal of the bath rub / shower. We are also working on internet to the hotel rooms which will be adjusted shortly.

Thank you again for your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Bunbury, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here whilst attending a nearby sporting event, last time we stayed in a caravan park & given the choice I would go there. We arrived at reception & the young lady attending the desk was on the phone so my husband & I stood about 2m along the counter waiting for her to finish. When she did she turned ( without moving toward us) & asked "can I help you" husband replied yes we would like to check in, then she did an odd thing with her stance, rather than invite us over & explain she was logged on to a computer over there! I prompted my husband to move saying " oh she wants us over there" upon which we joined her. ( Odd notion of customer service)Upon check in she explained our room was down the corridor, turn left, go through the restaurant, turn right, veer left & it's just along the hall! All the while showing us on a large map! I had injured my hip the day before so asked after a trolley, she pointed across the lobby to a bell hop trolley telling me I was welcome to use it! There is no car access to the rooms and the car park is quite a hike( unless of course you are 100% fit, which I wasn't). The room was large, spacious & well furnished for the early 90s. The bathroom a confused mix of federation style & faux Italian marble. At first the smell of napthalene was overwhelming but we grew used to it. I can still smell it on my clothes now I'm home. We didn't bother with the restaurant, if you like Indian food do yourself a favour & drive the 10 min over to Charlottes Vineyard Indian Restarant. Sadly we would stay there again, despite being expensive this is pretty much the normal price in Perth & it would be hard to find anything comparible at the price. It's not encouraging for the west Aus tourism industry. Unlike a lot of other guests I have to say it was very clean. The Spa was also great.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for letting us know about your recent experience at The Novotel Vines Resort.

We are taking your comments seriously and discussing this with our front office team to ensure that our service exceeds our customer's expectations.

We will be in the process of renovating our hotel rooms in early 2014 to update the offerings for our guests. We will also advise housekeeping of the issue of the cleaning products used.

If you wish to discuss this further, please email our Executive Manager - eam@vines.com.au

We hope that you will give us another opportunity to impress you again in the future.
Paris, France
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

I have reviewed this place before but have to add since staying again that i would not stay here again. I have for the past 3 years spent on average of 14 nights here per year for work and this last stay was even more disappointing.
The apartments are very old, tired and shabby and in need of a makeover.
The hot water does not service more than one appliance going together, so for an apartment with 2 showers, washing machine or just running water they cannot be used together, only one at a time. Very frustrating.
TV is only limited channels on foxtel, no mainstream tv at all. If you like cartoons or cooking shows with some sport thrown in thats ok, but after 2 weeks it gets annoying.
Cafe and restaurant are still good, front desk service could offer a smile more often.
The price per night is way overcharged for the apartments.
Cleaning is below average as well.
Disappointing, look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Over priced
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
VinesResort, Manager at The Novotel Vines Resort Swan Valley, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Hi Bertie,

Thank you for your recent review and frequent visits to the resort over the last 3 years.

We are currently working on renovations to the condos & apartments over the next 6 months and we take all your comments on board. Our maintenance team will also investigate your comments on the hot water to ensure that this is not an issue in the future.

It is great to hear that you enjoyed your dining experiences at both Muscats Restaurant and the Vines Cafe.

We apologise for your disappointment for your stay and please be reassured that we are addressing your issues.
Blenheim, New Zealand
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

Let me start off with the good things; the staff at reception and in the bar were extremely welcoming and helpful, and we really enjoyed the food we had in the bar (and a great beer). The view out over the pool, tennis courts and grounds looked great when I woke in the morning.

But - this place costs $200 AUD a night, and honestly I don't think it's worth close to that.

Firstly - how can you pay that much and not have access to free wifi in your room? Having to walk 200 metres to the lobby for free wifi is something I expected to do 10 years ago, not now.

Secondly - I'm happy to stay in any standard of hotel, but only so long as they are clean and have hot water. So standing in a luke warm shower, looking around the bathroom at a vent that obviously hasn't been cleaned for weeks, and a ceiling with a filthy mark, and what looks like balled up toilet paper on it, really wasn't so impressive.

Thirdly - I know it's supposed to be a resort, but having tiled hallways just mean that you're woken at all hours of the night by people coming and going with roller suitcases.

Not the worst hotel I've ever stayed in, but the worst value for money for a long time. I won't be coming back, and if you can find somewhere else, I would.

And yes - if you're wondering, I have left this feedback with the hotel (and they did take the time to get back to me - which was positive)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank andye10000
VinesResort, Manager at The Novotel Vines Resort Swan Valley, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Hi Andy,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Novotel Vines Resort.

We are glad to hear that this issue was dealt with during your stay and that our team resolved your issues and comments. It is also lovely to hear that our team were friendly and you enjoyed your meals and beers in the restaurant along with the view.

In regards to the bathrooms, we are currently undertaking a refurbishment to eliminate this issue for the future and we are sorry to hear that this occurred. With the internet, we are also altering our policy on this for our hotel guests regarding use of it. It is available in the rooms for 1 hour or 24 hours at a cost.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Resort again in the future with many of your comments resolved for your next visit.

Travelers are raving about these The Vines hotels

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

I booked last weekend for my Mum and I to share the High Tea at Muscat's as we agreed we needed some relaxed time. The staff member who took our call was helpful and our booking was achieved with no fuss, which is not my general experience when it comes to High Tea.
The location of the resort and the restaurant is easy enough to find. The drive out there was pleasant.
Our welcome was pleasant and personalised. We had three members of staff attend us and each time the person was friendly and enthusiastic. I was able to try three of the four white teas, each of which I enjoyed. We were able to have water, as well. The glasses were topped up regularly without our needing to ask.
The views from the restaurant were great! We saw kangaroos bounding around and lying down for a rest- they came close to us.
To the food. Blinis, which were decorated beautifully with the perfect amount of mayonnaise, egg, ham and salad sandwiches and brie, onion jam and rocket focaccias formed the first plate with delicious mini quiche. The second tray included eclairs, blueberry friend and strawberry tart, and the top tray included Bath buns and macaroons. The amount of food was amazing and each item was delicious. There could have been more jam, to match the amount of cream.
The food plates are plastic, which makes sense from the point of view of being unbreakable, but it is not as attractive as the other crockery on the table.
My Mum requested English Breakfast tea which is her normal tea, but she found it was too strong and tasted sweet.
I have a voucher to stay at the resort which I will use after having checked it out.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
VinesResort, Manager at The Novotel Vines Resort Swan Valley, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Hi Gabriel,

It is lovely to hear that you enjoyed High Tea with us at the Novotel Vines!

We will ensure to pass on your kind words to our team of chefs and our service staff. The kangaroos do tend to turn up at the best moments so we are glad to hear that you experienced them and enjoyed the views.

We look forward to seeing you back again in the future when you use your voucher.
Also consider these accommodations in or near The Vines
Crown Promenade Perth
#2 of 3 in Burswood
Swan Valley Oasis Resort
#1 of 2 in Henley Brook

Been to The Novotel Vines Resort Swan Valley? Share your experiences!