“Bad Experience”

The Sebel Swan Valley the Vines
A TripAdvisor Member
“Bad Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2011

The hotel and its location I really love but the service was terrible. It was the verst experience I had ever have in my travelling life. I stand 2 hours outside the hotel at 2:00am and no one entertain me about the keys as I already book the hotel in advance. No one had courtesy to remind me about the procedure of taking the keys from Novotel's reception. Later I asked for favour as I suffered alot that can I have 2 more hours to check out but they didnt do anything. I stay their more than what I stay. it was really a bad experience as an Accor Member.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
AccorVacationClub, Guest Relations Manager at The Sebel Swan Valley the Vines, responded to this review, November 8, 2011
My apologies for the problems encountered whilst at the property. This is not typical of the level of service we strive to achieve at Grand Mercure The Vines. We have taken this response very seriously and have advised the General Manager of the Novotel. While it is difficult to reverse your experience It gives us a better understanding of the encounter you endured.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2011

I had appointments in Perth and could not get accomodation at a reasonable rate in the City so decided to try the Swan Valley. Travel was quite comfortable into Perth and suburbs and the comfort and feel of the Grand Mercure were a worthwhile alternative. My colleague and I were not dissapointed. Meals were good, rooms functional and comfortable. We stayed only two nights but will return when next in Perth. I intend to also return for a holiday.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Albany Wa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2011

Stayed 2 nights for a conference, room was well set out with the best bed I've ever slept in at a hotel and the meals were great - both bar & restaurant. Had a pleasant walk around the resort, kangaroos & ducks everywhere, very relaxing. Will definately go back for some time out!

Room Tip: Ask for directions to the rear car park if applicable.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
AccorVacationClub, Manager at The Sebel Swan Valley the Vines, responded to this review, July 24, 2011
Thank you for your valued feedback and I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and the bed. We look forward to seeing you again at the Grand Mercure Vines.
Brisbane Region, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2011

We have stayed at Vines 5 times now over past 6-7 years, we are Accor Vacation Club members and love the place. The last couple of times were a little ordinary in regard to food and service but our last visit was excellent, new management! We stayed a week and apart from having to order and pay extra for eggs (scrambled only provided) when ordering full breakfast - Don't get it! not a good idea as other food cold by time eggs arrived. Food and staff much improved. Service cannot be better, room as usual spacious and extremely comfortable with all amenities. Love kangaroos roaming freely.

Room Tip: King apartment, we were in 331, had full kitchen including dishwasher, laundry including airing rack...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback and I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again at the Grand Mercure Vines.
Also consider these accommodations in or near The Vines
East Perth
Fraser Suites Perth
The Rose & Crown Hotel
#1 of 1 in Guildford
Swan Valley Oasis Resort
#1 of 2 in Henley Brook

Been to The Sebel Swan Valley the Vines? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The Sebel Swan Valley the Vines

Property: The Sebel Swan Valley the Vines
Address: 79 Hermitage Dr | Swan Valley, The Vines, Swan Valley, Western Australia 6069, Australia (Formerly Grand Mercure The Vines, Accor Vacation Club Apartments)
Location: Australia > Western Australia > Greater Perth > Swan Valley > The Vines
Bar / Lounge Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 1 Specialty Lodging in The Vines
Hotel Class:4 star — The Sebel Swan Valley the Vines 4*
The Sebel Swan Valley the vines is an all apartment Hotel located adjacent to Novotel Vines Resort and overlooking the championship golf course. The rooms range from studios to 2-bedroom apartments and all are fully self contained. Located in the stunning Swan Valley famous as a wine region and with a reputation for great food and local produce. With many of Perth's top restaurants located in the Swan Valley this is the perfect getaway destination. A short 20 minute drive from the airport and only 30 minutes from Perth City it is a great base for exploring. The championship golf course is perfect for a golf getaway too. The facilities at the Novotel are available for use by the guests of the Sebel when operating. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Agoda, Hotel.de, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Sebel Swan Valley the Vines reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
The Sebel Swan Valley The Vines