“Best yum cha in Brisbane! Variety and quality”
Review of Yum Cha Cuisine

Yum Cha Cuisine
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

Have been to loads of yum cha in Brisbane, this is by far the best for quality, quantity, price and selection, and the trolleys just keep coming, no waiting or 'stockpiling' on the table necessary like other places. The honey chicken and BBQ pork buns are my favorite! Will keep coming back so don't mind if you ignore my review, at least then I won't have to queue behind you for a table!

Reviewed February 22, 2014

I love coming here for Yum Cha as it is close to where I live and I can do my grocery shopping afterwards with convenient parking! The majority of their yum cha dishes are very authentic and inexpensive - it reminds me of home *dreamy face*. I've only ever come across two dishes I am not happy with here - the BBQ Pork buns and the soy bean custard. The atmosphere is rather modern but not disagreeable to me. Their dinner is only average in my opinion, and I wish they had more large tables and better lighting - that's what Chinese restaurants are all about!! Getting together as a massive family and laughing and catching up on all the goss, not some mediocre romantic dinner date -.- In the end though, this is definitely one of my favourite Chinese cuisines in Brisbane.

Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

Just fantastic. Fresh and great service.

Well worth it for all occasions.
May need to queue at peak times.

9 out of 10....

Reviewed October 28, 2013

We were at the doctors this morning and got a recommendation from our Professor to try it out. We had walked past it a few weeks ago but with 5 kids and 4 adults we end up at the food court. This time it was just the better half and me, so we got a table and sat down.

The decor is good, very new. The waitress came around and asked if we would like drinks. We did not want beer/wine, so it was Chinese tea. I asked her what tea was available, and it was the standard offering, so we picked chrysanthum, the wife's favorite. The teapot was fancy and cups very small, but interesting. This is a small restaurant but they have trolleys. We picked the usual Prawn Dumpling, Chicken Feet, custard tarts, and a couple of our other favorites. We had to order Prawn noddle and sponge cake. These were all of reasonably high standard. I would have to say they were better than the usual you get around Brisbane, and on a par with Sydney and Hong Kong. I was expecting a maximum of $50 for 2 people and was pleasantly surprised when the bill was $36 including tea.
Apparently the place is packed on weekends, but weekday, there seems to be more staff than customers especially when we got there just before lunch time.
We also ran into some relatives, which tells me that this place might have got a reputation already.

They seem to be movie deals and late night yum cha as well. Worth giving it a try. The price is justified by the yummy food. We enjoyed it. Hope they keep up the high standard, because it is okay to have small portions as long as the standard is high. Will be going back.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

We had the pleasure of trying Yum Cha Cuisine at Indooroopilly Shopping Centre one Sunday morning recently. Although there were a lot of people in front of us in the queue to get in, the ticket system is fast and efficient, and we only waited 7 minutes, which was pretty amazing given at least 7-8 groups in front of us.

Once inside it is very fast and efficient, and the food was excellent. In fact better than the Yum Cha I had on a recent visit to China. The steamed dim sum were hot and fresh, and the taste was excellent. Each one seemed better than the last. We also tried the deep fried squid which was fantastic, and next time I am definitely trying the soft shell crab. We put in a special order of Chinese greens, which arrived in record time. Everyone was smiling and incredibly friendly, and best of all it was so clean, and the parking was free. So multiple big ticks in comparison with having Yum Cha at China Town. I think we will be back every week at this rate!