“Clean rooms, friendly staff: everything’s possible, just ask!”

Indooroopilly Lodge and Motel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Indooroopilly
Indooroopilly Lodge and Motel
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Clean rooms, friendly staff: everything’s possible, just ask!”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

This motel is situated in one of the wealthiest and safest neighborhoods of Brisbane and is a nice place to stay for longer periods. I’ve been there from November ’12 until the beginning of Februari ’13, because I was doing an internship at the Queenland University. I found the accommodation via internet and compared to other student accommodations these rooms are very cheap and become cheaper if you stay for longer periods of time, and that’s with dinner included.

Rooms and showers are cleaned thoroughly every week by the nice fellow that works there (Yan, or something like that), you get new sheets and towels every week and toilets are even cleaned daily. In three months I haven’t seen a single cockroach, nor any other insect-like creatures.

The motel has plenty student units for rent, which makes it a hostel-like social environment. In my first month I've met people with whom I've had several beers, went out to the city and with whom I’m still in contact. So it’s a good place to meet new people and hang around with them after lectures or during the weekends!

The location of the motel is good: five minute walk to the train station, five minute walk to the shopping mall, where you can get everything you need, and a direct bus connection (15 minutes) to the St. Lucia campus. Indooroopilly is relatively close to the Centre of Brisbane, although you’d still need a taxi to go home after going out in the Valley ($30,-), because public transport has limited service at night.

Finally the host, Tony, is a very pleasant man, who is willing to make you feel home as much as possible. For example, he made my brother, who came over for two weeks, a very generous discount offer for his room, he was willing to save me dinner in a tray, so I could take it to university when I had late shifts, he allowed me to print documents at his office and you can always reach him, even in the middle of the night when, when something is wrong. He’s a nice guy, who does whatever he can to make you feel at home. A lot is possible, just ask him!

The only minor downsides of this motel are that 1) you are not allowed to cook yourself, so a boiled egg in the morning is not an option, since kitchen entrance is prohibited for guests, 2) there is no wireless internet, only via cable, so no studying outside in the garden with your laptop and 3) the laundry machines are coin operated, which will cost you $3,- per wash, but that’s the case in most hostels too (although I wasn’t used to that).

In summary, I experienced Indooroopilly Lodge and Motel as a nice place to stay during my three months and would definitely go back there whenever I’m going back to Brisbane and I’d recommend it to my friends too!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank ehhalbers

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I have stayed in the student accomodation for a few weeks. I had been recommending it in the past for students that had been visiting the university of Queensland for a short time however in the past years this motel and student accomodation has deteriorated. The roof is leaking, the shared showers and toilets are not cleaned regularly, the kitchen area is quite run down as well. Cockroaches are frequent visitors. Owner can get quite angry sometimes if something is wrong or someone complains. Have heard him screaming a couple of times when I was in my room.
The location is convenient and close to shopping center and train station, this is unfortunately the only positive thing I can say.

• Stayed February 2012

Travelers are raving about these Indooroopilly hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Indooroopilly
Forest Lodge Apartments
Meriton Serviced Apartments Brisbane on Herschel Street
No photo provided
Poinciana Park
#2 of 3 in Indooroopilly

Been to Indooroopilly Lodge and Motel? Share your experiences!