“Not a bad choice”

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Dinner
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed February 6, 2013

The food is OK, never too crowded. The price is reasonable. The only problem is the opening time. I don't see a sign stating the time it is opened. Sometimes when I thought it should be open, it is closed, on holidays when I think it is closed, it is open!

Reviewed December 20, 2012

First time i went i ordered a meal with a business colleague as the location is quite good for us. After eating my average meal, I only realised they overcharged me when I left, but didn't worry about it too much.

Second time i went, I ordered 2 large bubble teas and a few dishes to try. The noodle dishes did not have enough vegetables or meat. Also the waitress brought be regular sized bubble teas and assured me it was large, but I knew this wasn't the case as i have ordered from them previously. When i went to the counter, the cashier saw my regular drinks and still tried to charge me as though they were large so I asked the lady to show me a large size. Knowing that they had been caught out, she smiled, acted confused and wished me a Merry Christmas, in an effort to save face.

No one likes that feeling of having to be on guard or being cheated even for petty amounts of money.

So with the service not being stella and the food being hit and miss, luckily there are many other places in Indro to eat.

2  Thank Prettyfly007
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Awesome SE Asian food in a nice setting and with great prices to match. The laksa is heavingly and the other food will satisfy any Asian food craving.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

This restaurant came recommended from friends who had known frequented this place before they moved to Indooroopilly. They had since eaten at the new location and were also impressed so it seemed to be the same people running things.

While our company was stella, the dining experience was atrocious. I received my laksa 5 mins after ordering along with the entree we ordered, another received his meal 10 mins after that, another friend received her meal 20 mins after that and another had to go up to the counter to enquire about hers. When it eventually came out, the waiter tried to deliver it to another table and we had to flag her down. The last meal would have arrived at least 30 mins after mine. Is it really that hard to organise things so that all patrons at a table receive their meals at approximately the same time? I don't mind a few minutes between but 30 minutes is waaaaaay too long.

As for the food, the laksa was fine but the same cannot be said for the portugese chicken clay pot which was bland, and the rangeden (or something.. dry beef in coconut with rice) was mainly coconut and I feel overpriced at 16.90.

I could have forgiven the food as it wasn't horrible, but the service was the worst I've experienced at a restaurant in Brisbane for a long time. We were constantly turning away waiters with food that we didn't order. My friend had trouble getting hold of someone behind the counter when enquiring about her meal which was 30 mins late. We then also had to flag down the waiter with said meal who was trying to deliver it to another table.

If it wasn't for the great company, I would have walked out as soon as we had to question where our last meal was.

Will never go back.

Reviewed June 23, 2012

Handy place for a quick bite to eat, only negative is that they charge $4.00 corkage.