Review Highlights
Beautiful construction

Very nice exterior with ample of parking space. Good construction with nice geometric construction... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
santhanaiyer08
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Beautiful and unique church

Reviewed April 18, 2019
johnarama
Portland, Oregon

All reviews modern church worth a visit quaint town light bulbs from afar unusual design walk around amazing church great view of the city volcano museum organ altar hill exterior views chuch mary
Selected filters
Reviewed April 18, 2019

We went a little out of our way to see this church and I'm happy we made the effort. You can just park right in front of it and there are great views.

Date of experience: April 2019
Reviewed March 3, 2019

This church is visible from everywhere in Stykkisholmur, and what a gem it is. The outside and inside are both very modern in design, but the thing that took my breath away when I first went in was the incredible painting of The Madonna and Child over the altar. I am not a classically spiritual or religious person, but this painting literally stopped me in my tracks. It is absolutely gorgeous and moving (note that a month later, this is one of only 3 things I am reviewing about our 2 week trip to Iceland in which we travelled the entirety of Route 1 around the island + more). The painting is so unusual too--dark royal blue background and a blond Mary. Highly recommend a stop here.

Date of experience: February 2019
Reviewed March 2, 2019 via mobile

Drove through this little town. Beautiful and breathtaking views. Visited a ceramic shop. Beautiful and unique handmade items .

Date of experience: February 2019
Reviewed November 18, 2018 via mobile

Great base for Snæfellsnes. Enough to do in poor weather yet great when picks up. Nice array of museums and restaurants

Date of experience: November 2018
Reviewed October 12, 2018 via mobile

I love the churches of Iceland.. from the tiny and quaint, to these monoliths. They always seem to be built to be viewed and appreciated from afar, and this is no different. It towers over the town and during our visit was stark white against a dark and rainy sky. So beautiful. I found, however, that I liked it much better from afar, than from up close. Up close it is so massive that you can only view bits and pieces. From afar, you can see the architecture of the entire church.

It’s very easy to get to from the main part of town, and is only a drive of a couple minutes. You don’t have to spend long here if you are short on time, but it is worth the stop.

Date of experience: September 2018