“Very good value, good service and pleasant atmosphere.”
Review of Plassid Restaurant

Plassid Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood, European, Grill, Scandinavian
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: The Restaurant PLÁSSIÐ is a family friendly restaurant situated in downtown Stykkishólmur, a small town in West-Iceland. Distance from Reykjavík capital area is about 170 km to Stykkishólmur.
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Very good value, good service and pleasant atmosphere.”
Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

Iceland is an expensive country. Armed with out of date guide books we stumbled into Nesterwhatsit called over the road, expecting reasonably priced burgers, only to be met with £25 main courses. So, we turned around, walked out and went to Plassid. We're glad we did so. Plassid offers burgers at around £11 - £12 and pizzas for under £10. Three of us had burgers, which we're big, juicy and tasty. Great fries too. My daughter had an enormous pizza, but instead of the extra bacon she ordered, she seems to get extra onions. When we pointed this out to the manager (?), he deducted 1000 ISK (about £6) off our bill at once.

As I say, Iceland is an eye watering beautiful and eye wateringly expensive country. Plassid easily represents the best vale for money we have had on this trip. The restaurant is clean, relativly stylish and offers simple but well prepared food at a fair price. Recommended.

• Finnish first
Redondo Beach, California
“Nice Servers”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Good Malbec and fish soup. Servers not allowed to take tips Tasteless, dry homemade rolls. Can't order side dishes unless order a la carte entree item.

Chicago, Illinois
“One of my favorite meals ..... EVER!”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I just read that this is the #3 restaurant in town....out of three restaurants! I can't image what the other two are like because this is literally one of the best meals I have ever had in my life! Luckily I was able to eat there twice! On my first visit, I had some ling fish (linga) ... and it was incredible. I real treat in a nice fishing village. But on visit number two I had the lamb loin .... OH MY GOD! First of all, we don't even have this cut in the U.S.A., and if we did it couldn't compete with Icelandic lamb which is all free range and feeding off of thyme (yes, those little purple flowers are from the thyme family ...NOT the knee high purple flowers, the little ones down there with the rocks and moss). It was unbelievalbly delicious. Understand - I am a total food snob and this was the single best dish I have ever had!!!!

• Visited July 2013
Massachusetts
“fantastic”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We found this was the best place to eat in town. The food is fabulous at the most reasonable prices we found in all of Iceland. Very friendly service. It was always filled with locals, which was nice. We ended up eating several meals there.

• Visited July 2013
Gardabaer
“Typical small town restaurant. Friendly.”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Decent food. Rather pricy for the quality. Friendly service. We had pizza. Got the feeling the dough was not "home made".