“Good food, service was a little slow”
Review of Berg Restaurant

Berg Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 15 Restaurants in Vik
Description: Restaurant Berg is located in Icelandair Hotel Vik and it is a first-rate restaurant. Every effort has been made to create a generous Icelandic à la carte menu focusing on using produce from the nearby area. Our goal is to send your taste buds on an exciting journey around the region. The restaurant's setting and surroundings ensure that our guests have a particularly enjoyable experience.
Reviewed July 22, 2019

we were staying at the hotel, so it made sense to eat here. plus, the reviews were pretty good.

this was our first dinner in Iceland, as we had landed that morning and got right to touring. so by the time we sat down, we were ready to eat and relax. unfortunately, so were all the other tables and the wait staff had a lot going on, so service was a bit slow.

when the food started arriving, we were glad we decided to eat here. we had the shrimps, scallops, and soup for appetizers, and were very happy with all of them. for main courses, we had the char, lamb, and tenderloin. all were prepared well, and very tasty. i've had a lot of meals at the local hotel restaurant, and this by far exceeded my expectations.

Date of visit: July 2019
Write a reviewReviews (260)

Reviewed July 7, 2019 via mobile

The meal was delicious and my travel partners favourite dinner of our trip. The service was absolutely amazing! The food was delicious. I believe we both had the beef.

We were a bit later arriving at the hotel so we made reservations late but they had no issues accommodating us. The atmosphere was lovely and we were able to enjoy the restaurant in a quiet setting.

Definitely a great choice for dinner in Vik! Amazing!

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed June 24, 2019

As we had had a tiring day of exercise/activities a large pre-dinner gin and tonic was mandatory and driving was not an option. So having checked the menu we chose to try the Chef's Choice off the menu. This was an eggplant bruschetta followed by Arctic char both well presented and also delicious.

Reviewed June 22, 2019 via mobile

We ate here because it is in the hotel.
The service was terrible and two out of the four of us had to send it back
There are better choices in the Vik area!

Reviewed June 18, 2019

Breakfast was fine, but I would not recommend for dinner. Prices are quite high, and after spending 9 days in Iceland with overall terrific food, I was unable to eat my dinner here. I ordered the shrimp pasta and it was so salty that I could not finish it. My husband reported his lamb was good.