1,133 results
All reviews hot tub dinner buffet bread buffet style several buildings different buildings porridge superior room new building northern lights coach parties cold cuts tour buses ring road make your own waffles after a long day room was large
Selected filters
Reviewed September 27, 2016 via mobile

A very nice hotel in a great location just outside of Vik, the newly built addition was where we stayed and it's very modern and spacious. The restaurant in the hotel lobby is actually really good, breakfast minimal but what was provided was great.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2016 via mobile

When i arrived i was totally exhausted after a long day of hiking in the rain in Skaftafell NP. Had to wait a few minutes at checkin, because a couple was asking hundreds of questions at the only receptionist, but i immediately forgot this after she told me i got a free upgrade to a superior room. Still dont know why, but it was great. My room was in the brand new building, which, as far as i could see, wasnt even completely finished yet. There was this smell of fresh wood all over the building and my room was enormous, inclusing a huge flatscreen tv. I had 2 perfect nights of sleep.

Went to the restaurant of the hotel on the first night, that was very very expensive though, in town you can get 3 meals for that price, for example at Halldorskaffi!

Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Ozzie1703
Reviewed September 25, 2016 via mobile

Stayed one night only due to windy, noisy, and lousy breakfast service. Location was good but rest was unacceptable except receptionist who was helpful from check in to early check out due to conditions described above. No manager was available to file complaints. Please get back to me if GM OR MOD READ THIS. Thx.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2016

Location just outside Vik was good - it's a very short drive into town, where there seems to be a small selection of fairly average restaurants. The room was very dated, quite dark, and lacking in power sockets. But breakfast was plentiful and good. Overall, expensive for what it was but it did the job.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2016

My husband and I booked at Hotel Katla when the very few other hotels in Vik were booked for our travel dates. We got a deal, so we weren't too upset by the price. The location is just a few km's East of Vik, so it is ideal. It is further removed from the road so you don't hear a lot of car traffic, which is nice. The walls in the rooms however, are not very thick so you do hear a lot from other rooms and if anyone is moving around in the hallway.

My husband and I showed up around 2PM desperate to check in after flying all night and then driving from KEF. We were exhausted. Luckily they were able to accommodate us. They checked us in right away. The staff at the front desk were helpful and very friendly.

The room was small but served it's purpose. The bed JUST fits in it, there is a TV, and a small bathroom. The shower was quite small with a curtain that stuck to you while you showered. The bed was very comfortable and my husband and I slept well. We lucked out and got a south facing room and had a GORGEOUS view. We could see the lake right next to the hotel and the cliffs in the distance. Really beautiful.

The breakfast was included and was essentially a continental breakfast: oatmeal, cereal, cold cuts, cheese, waffles, yogurt, juice, coffee. It was fine and got the job done but wasn't anything special. Overall, our stay was fine. The hotel was nice but there are nicer hotels in the area. However, they are MUCH more expensive.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple