Book In Advance

from $144.40
from $194.88
from $441.50
3,422 results
All reviews black sand rock formations be careful sneaker waves sea stacks giants causeway amazing place waves crashing huge waves the cliff worth a stop ring road south coast car park parking lot caves puffins
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I felt like I was experiencing something mystical. Black sand, mist, huge waves and ominous rock formations - unforgettable views!

Reviewed February 15, 2013

It was raining when we visited this black sand beach, but the sun was peeking out and we got amazing photos. Offshore lie stacks of basalt rock which according to folklore says that they are former trolls who tried to drag their boats out to sea only to be caught by the rising dawn. It was cold and windy so we didn't walk far...would have explored further had it been a nice day! This was rated one of the top 10 beaches according to Islands magazine...I wouldn't rate it top 10 but definitely one to see!

Reviewed February 13, 2013

How many chances can one get to see a black sand beach?! Was so awesome seeing the frothy white waves crashing along the pitch black sand of the beach. I particularly loved seeing the unique rock formations in the water, which you can see from a distance. Such an unusual and out of this world beach!

Reviewed January 28, 2013

We visited here as part of a mini bus tour and I am glad we did as the weather was dreadful on the day we went and the waves were huge.
I had been standing not that far away from the waters edge when the tour guide came and asked me to move further away as sometimes a huge wave would run up and take you by surprise.
I was fortunate not to get caught by any of these huge waves running up the beach but there were a couple of other tourists there who got soaked past their knees.
The scenery here though is stunning...even on a wet and windy day! and the photo opportunities are endless

1  Thank scottishlassLondon
Reviewed January 25, 2013

A strange 'other worldly' experience. Walking on the black sand in fading light with huge waves crashing on the shore.

1  Thank 63Jack