“Fast food....”

Restaurant Vikurskali
Ranked #6 of 12 Restaurants in Vik
Cuisines: Fast Food
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Not the best restaurant in Vic, but as truck-stops go, this isn't a bad option if you're in a rush. We were taken here on our south shore trip - I think the guide likes the lamb cutlets...

1  Thank tsh2

Reviewed November 9, 2013

Visited here on my Southern Iceland tour after visiting the beach! It served mostly fast food like Burgers however it also serves soup. A soup of the day or a lamb soup. I opted for the lamb and it was hearty, warm and tasty (though not the best I had in Iceland) and was served with bread. The bonus was that it was also free refills on soup! Yep, I had two bowls. Gave me extra bread too. The soup cost £8.61...

While there is no 'atmosphere' it did it's job. It did however get VERY busy when a coach turned up, thankfully when I first went in it was just our small minibus. There is also a shop attached selling snacks. There's a walkway behind the restaurant to another part of the beach.

(Not Restaurant Related) Our guide said the factory wool shop next door would give the cheapest prices...don't believe that. While they were indeed making them there, the woollen gloves were cheaper in some of the shops on Reykjavik's main shopping street.

1  Thank iExplore1985
Reviewed October 31, 2013

We stopped here for lunch during the South Coast tour. I ordered the traditional soup of Iceland, which is very good! All the other soups we got from the Capital region simply cannot beat that.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Nice, easy stop for food that is reasonable and good. We had soup and sandwiches and they hit the spot. Pretty view, can walk right down to the beach.

Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

Zero ambiance, but tasty soup. (Fairly dramatic view as well...) Exactly what we wanted after driving all morning in the rain.