“Perhaps our best meal in Iceland!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Lundi Restaurant - CLOSED

Hotel Lundi Restaurant
Cuisines: Scandinavian, Seafood, European, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Hotel Lundi restaurant specializes in traditional Icelandic food with a modern touch. All ingredients are local and of the highest quality. During high season, April - September, we offer an excellent A la carte menu. During low season, we offer a simple menu of home cooked meals.The restaurant has seating for 75 people.
Arlington, Virginia
“Perhaps our best meal in Iceland!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

We both had the arctic char and it was delicious! The carrot soup was wonderful also. The wait staff was friendly and helpful.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Ami_K_H

Stockholm, Sweden
“Basic”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

Not sure if it was because we went here for lunch instead of dinner but I don't get what people are so happy about. To me it looked and felt more like a café than a restaurant and we even asked the waitress if there was a restaurant as well, but she told us that that was it. I ate a horse burger which was eatable but not much more. The bacon on the burger was not eatable at all thought, almost raw. My gf ate some kind of fish which seemed much better.

• Visited May 2013
Australia
“Great food in a charming town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

Had a great dinner here. We were a bit disappointed because the main we selected was not available but the second choice - Arctic char - was nicely cooked with crispy skin. Our entree - herring salad with potatoes- was superb. Prices were reasonable for the quality food that we enjoyed.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank RubyHannah
Windsor, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worth every penny”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

My husband and I were staying near Vik, Iceland in these amazing cabins on the black sand beaches and decided to go to the Hotel Lundi restaurant. I ordered the lamb and my husband had the Arctic char. The atmosphere was somewhat casual but the food was definitely fine dining and we were both very impressed. In the pictures you can see that it was not an over abundance of food on the plate but it was filling. Being from North America I think some people are to often impressed with the amount of food they are given and forget about quality. The quality and flavours of our dishes far outweighed the portion and it was worth every penny.

• Visited May 2013
Stockholm
“Good food and good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

I had read about this restaurant from TA, so this was our first choice, but we got a recommendation by our host (elsewhere) to go to Halldorfsåkaffi restaurant. We decided to check them both out. They happened to be on the same road, next to each other! ( the road, Vikurbraut, is about the first road to the right when entering into Vik from Reykavik).

We compared the menues and found the prices about the same. The Lundi seemed ro have better choices, so we went there. We had two starters, one soup and one salmon pate. The soup was delicious and was a mixture of carrots and sweat potatoes with bread included. So creamy and so tasty! I had so much that I needed nothing else. The salmon pate and salad was also very tasty, so good! That dish also was sufficient. These dishes cost 3200 IKR. ( they never expect any tip in Iceland). We left very satisfied!

Visited May 2013