“Gorgeous food, great atmosphere and service and definitely worth a return visit.”
Review of Hotel Lundi Restaurant - CLOSED

Hotel Lundi Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Hotel Lundi restaurant specializes in traditional Icelandic food with a modern touch. All ingredients are local and of the highest quality. During high season, April - September, we offer an excellent A la carte menu. During low season, we offer a simple menu of home cooked meals.The restaurant has seating for 75 people.
Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

We didn't stay here but we were recommended to it for dinner as the dinner is seemingly gorgeous. This recommendation I would pass on to everyone! It was delicious. The decor was a quiet, low-lit but spacious and comfortable adding to the experience and enjoyment of the meal.

Although the menu was quite minimal, just 2 pages with a total of maybe 10 dishes, the choices were however very nice and completely unexpected, traditional Icelandic dishes.
We ordered Horse Steak, Cured Horse Salad, Lamb and, Char. All of which were beautifully presented, and very very healthy with root vegetables and salad a standard on all the dishes.

I wasn't too keen on trying horse, but seeing as everyone in Ireland and the UK has been eating horse for who knows how long and thinking it was beef I thought "why not?" Again, delicious.
I'll be going back here every time I'm in Vik.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

A bit small portion, but the food was excellent. Nice and friendly staff, and a full restaurant on a wednesday in January..
Well wort a stop and to spend the night..

Reviewed November 26, 2012

As one of the only places open in Vik in the winter, we didn't have much choice. We went here thinking we were going to Halldorskaffi only to realise H was closed. The menu was a bit more expensive than we would've liked, and not too varied. The only item we really wanted (chicken salad) wasn't available, so we just had oxtail soup. The oxtail soup was so delicious that all of our disappointment faded away! They made us fantastic homemade bread as well.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

I enjoyed this restaurant. It had a rustic feel in the back room and they served butter on a black rock from the beach! The food was really good and the service was nice. There aren't a lot of options in Vik but we were not disappointed in any of the choices, especially this place. Check it out!

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Granted, we didn't try to eat very well for most of the trip, but this meal was delicious regardless.
The vegetarian of our party was very grateful for the large size of the mozzarella salad, the arctic char was perfectly prepared, the sides were excellent. We arrived close to the time the dining room closed but were still courteously served a wonderful meal along with a wonderful red wine. I actually joked later that night that if a tidal wave came and swept us away as we slept, I'd be ok because I had an excellent last meal (and a great trip in Iceland overall).

1  Thank ilovecoffees