“Great choice”

Ranked #3 of 11 Restaurants in Vik
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We had two meals at this place while staying in Vik. The atmosphere is good and there is a good selection of dishes to choose from - salads, starters, burgers, pizza and some local fish and lamb, plus cakes, coffee etc. I had Arctic Charr (trout), it was fresh and delicious, and my young son (who does not usually like fish) ate most of it. Burgers are large and juicy and even children's portions are very generous. Services efficient even in busy times.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,156)

Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

Ate here on our road trip to Iceland and can completely agree with all of the reviews that others have posted.

We had the main course salmon and Atlantic char and both meals were cooked to perfection.

Would definitely eat here again if/when we're next passing through Vik.

2  Thank Manclio
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We ate here twice during our visit to Vik. They have very good fresh salads, and a nice menu overall. The self-service soup and bread station is great for a quick lunch. The atmosphere is really nice and the visitor's center is also located in the building with the cafe. Worth a stop!

1  Thank nfs88
Reviewed August 17, 2013

When this was brought to the table, I thought surely I should have split it with my traveling companions. After one bite, I would not have shared a morsel with anyone! Tender, delicious, marinated lamb. I went to fancier restaurants in Iceland but this was my favorite dish. Nice service, too.

2  Thank Peggionthego
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Very nice restaurant in "downtown" Vik. Waitstaff was friendly and efficient. The food - especially the fish - was fresh and well prepared. Portions were generous and prices were very reasonable for Iceland. The self-serve soup and bread bar was great. Nicely decorated interior in an old building close to the beach. Highly recommended if you are traveling to Vik.

2  Thank Michael H