Icelandair Hotel Vik(Vik)(Great Value!)
$279
$273
$221
$266
$240
$191
$225
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $254/night.

$236
Agoda.com
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewswafflestypical icelandic breakfastsitting areaa nice place to staybreadspent nightsskyrcodbreakfast roomview of the oceannorthern lightshome madeliving roombeds were comfortableblack beachsheepguesthouse
Reviewed May 29, 2012

My travel partner and I stayed here just a week ago. I called to tell the owner that we would be arriving at about 7:30pm and she asked if if we would like dinner and that she was preparing lamb that night. (There are no menus- but we didn't care.i had read previous reviews so I was counting/hoping for it!) We arrived a little earlier and after taking off our shoes and entering, we saw the owner had a table set for us the dining room. There was one other group of 4 sitting there and they were back at Vellir for a second time- the first being a year ago. They recounted what a great stay they had previously and were excited to be back. Dinner consisted of three courses. The first was a vegetable soup - I'm not good at identifying ingredients but there was a hint of broccoli, thyme and probably a lot of other things. All I know it was good and gone quickly. the second course was the main meal: lamb that tasted amazing and moist. It was some of the best lamb I ever had. There were also marinated cooked carrots, small potatoes, and a side salad. For dessert we got a sundae glass full of homemade skyr topped with a dollop of jam. The skyr had a very creamy consistency and had just the right amount of sweetness. The main course was presented beautifully- the arrangement of the items on the plate showed attention to detail. Don't be surprised- the meal was pretty expensive- but how many times are you going to have a home cooked meal in Iceland.When considering that, I felt better about the price. I'm pretty budget conscious but the whole atmosphere with the owner as well as the food made it an experience and so paying a lot for that was ok. If your budget conscious- ask about the price beforehand.
The owner chatted with us all answering questions and telling us about her farm and some cultural tidbits. She was very warm.
Our rooms had two twin beds which were quite comfortable - each with a lamp and nightstand and window at the head of the bed. The beds were on separate sides of the room in ours (Room 2). There was a sink with glasses and also a wardrobe closet. The room decor items were minimalistic but bright and clean and had everything that was needed. There are at least 2 bathrooms with toilet/sink/ and elaborate shower with multiple shower heads.
The morning spread of breads, jams, cold meats, cheese, cucumber, tomato and cereals was plentiful. She also has this incredible coffee/espresso/cappuccino/ etc machine that can make just about a cup of anything that you self serve.
I'm grateful to have found this place.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank tigerseyes
Reviewed April 4, 2012

Wow, what a place to stay. This was our first farm stay and we weren't expecting too much but what a lovely place to stay. The room was big, spacious and spotlessly clean with dual aspect views over the farm and on to the sea. Our room was so comfortable with comfortable bed and clean and modern bathroom...though the shower was a little complicated!

We arrived about 5.30 and although we hadn't booked a meal ahead the owner was more than happy to provide us with one....and as there is no where near by to eat this was a very good option! It was a little pricey for the meal but really beautiful, she obviously takes a lot of pride in presentation and good cooking! Our table was beautifully laid for us with spectacular views and we enjoyed a relaxed meal.

Breakfast was a good spread of cereal, breads, fruit, yoghurt and drinks to helpnourselves to. The owner sat the other side but seemed quite happy when we started conversation, it's always good to speak to local people to find out more, and she suggested we drove down road 218 the next road down towards Vik to see spectacular views of the needles and black sands...she was spot on!!

A lovely stay and lovely hosts.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Beckie_p
Reviewed March 17, 2012

Very clean and comfy rooms, excellent views of the farm and sea, delicious breakfast. It is not in Vik and it is a ways to drive to any restaurant.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EmilyB6
Reviewed February 22, 2012

In South Iceland, off the beaten track, there are some working farms that provide accommodations to tourists. Guesthouse Vellir is one. The family raises horses and sheep. A little orphan lamb played by the side of the house, nibbling on the hedges. The room was clean, well organized, and comfortable. The very tiny bathroom was like most of the rural guesthouses. We enjoyed the simple hearty food and bucolic atmosphere. This place was a treasure.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Vegas_Desert_Rat
Reviewed January 20, 2012

This little magic place might make a believer of you. There is even an "elf church" in the field a few hundred meters away (see photo). Members of the congregation are said to help the farmers of the region when they've lost a horse or sheep or otherwise suffered hardship. But you don't have to be a believer to appreciate this wonderful B&B/guesthouse.

Reading other reviews, I wish I'd have known about the availability of dinner. If the quality of the breakfast was an indicator, dinner must be ample and delicious. And I agree with others about the warmth of both the property and the hosts. Being a solo, "shoulder season" traveler on a tight budget, I requested a room with a shared bath. My very comfortable room was right next to an immaculate bathroom. The only other guests, a couple, were assigned a room at the far end of the hall, affording all of us privacy and quiet. Very considerate of the hosts!

The common areas were equally inviting. The entrance has a boot warmer (!) and place to park your outdoor shoes. An interior door then leads to the lobby, nicely decorated with--among other things--the owner's very nice paintings of her horses. Off the lobby are the hallway to the rooms and the entrance to the bar/restaurant/lounge--a quiet place with a stunning view.

In nearby Vik (to the east) one finds a woolen goods factory and store, which also has many souvenirs with a good price range. Next door is a gas station with a good selection of road necessities, including a free map of the region and, around back, a rare and wonderful find--a place to wash your car. It's not a car wash, exactly, but a power hose. This is surely the world's most scenic place to wash your car, but be sure to stand upwind as you're right off the coast!

I've not mentioned the stunning scenery all around this area; I just don't have words to describe it. Vellir is a superb place to rest as you explore this magical region. Do be sure to check your paper map and common sense; my rented GPS led me down roads that were covered by lava in 2010. If you get lost, call the Elf Hotline at [Oops! Sorry. Not allowed to print it!] OK. Just kidding. Ask any of the very friendly passers-by for directions to Vellir.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo