Book In Advance

from $300.00
from $269.08
from $113.84
1,654 results
All reviews light house black sand beaches the cliff amazing views gravel road rock formations ring road wheel drive both sides bird life rental car sea birds parking lot parking area vik area walk up quick stop
Reviewed June 28, 2013

It's June, and this June has been the coldest on record in Iceland since 1915, but fisherman do, and Vikings did, continue to go out sea regardless of the sunshine or wind. You really get the idea of this at Dryholaey

1  Thank Gary S
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Walking over the top of the rock arch was one of my best experiences in Iceland. We were there during nesting season, but it was still a wonderful place to walk around and soak in the amazing scenery.

Date of experience: April 2013
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We arrived there late afternoon in a cold, windy, rainy day in mid-June. I had no hope for seeing the puffins as I had read they're only seen early in the mornings, but to our surprise we did see lots of them sitting on the black sand beach, wish I had binoculars, but you could still see them with naked eye or even better by zooming in your camera.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

We went there this June, it wasn't great weather, watch out for your cardoors when opening, as it is a very windy place. We strolled down on the beach, and tried to spot some Puffins. The best way to see Puffins is either before 9 in the morning or in the night. We saw other birds nesting as well. The beach is very beautiful, and the view is fascinating. We didn't walk up to the lighthouse, as the weather was not great. But it will be on my list during my next visit.

1  Thank TheFlyingLundi
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We visited Dyrholaey in mid May around 9 am. It was extremely windy. We first walked out to the light house, but it was very hard walking as it was extremely windy. There were no puffins there, of course. Then we saw several photographers with long lenses laying on their stomachs on a path south of the parking lot. Figuring that was where the puffins were, we walked the path toward them....but...right there on the path were two puffins looking at us only a couple of feet away. Out came my iPhone. No need for long lenses...I got great pictures of the puffins. A little further, we saw many many puffins flying and nesting. These, probably were photographed better with the long lenses, but my iPhone did a good job with these too. What a great morning for seeing puffins.

Date of experience: May 2013