“A special guesthouse” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Guesthouse Hamar

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Guesthouse Hamar
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Vestmannaeyjar
New York City, New York
“A special guesthouse”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

The Guesthouse is about 5 minutes walk from the pier where the boat left us off from the mainland. The Guesthouse is a walkup but more like a small hotel. The average size simple room with comfortable beds and bathroom were clean. All the basic needed in the room and bathroom was there. The 3 beds room has a coach, closet, and a TV.
The owner is a very considerate person. I asked the owner where I could do our laundry. She told me to bring it to her and that she will do it later. I did not understand her answer because I always do my own laundry. She took me to the back room and showed me her washer and dryer were being used at that time. She insisted in doing our laundry because we are her guests. Not knowing how to express my appreciation without offending her culture, I gave her two health bars in which I bought from the United States. She gave me a big hug and received the bars gracefully.
The owner wanted to be sure we have everything we needed in own room. When I told her we are going to the Volcano show, she said that the show might have ended. To save us a trip from going over to the theatre, she volunteered to call the theatre for us before we go. Also, she gave a good restaurant recommendation for dinner.
We had to leave early the next day to catch the first boat going back to the mainland. Thus, we had an early breakfast when the owner was cooking and setting up breakfast for the rest of her guests. For what was on display at an early hour were many wonderful selection of food. There were many kinds of breads, dairy, and fruits to choose from for breakfast. I enjoyed the oatmeal that was better than my own. I am sure we missed some good food the owner was preparing as we left the Guesthouse.
Although the room was clean and simple, what made this stay most special to me is the warm hospitality of the owner who worked hard to make sure her guests are comfortable.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank jwyc8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
The Hague, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

When you are lost in Iceland, and more specific in Vestmannaeyjar,hotel hamar is a good place to be. It is a very claen place, close to the harbour and all action. Pay around a 100 euros and it'ss good value for money.

Room Tip: Back side.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
      Location
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
2 Thank Harm5
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2012

The new owners are doing everything they can to renovate this hotel--it really is a hotel, not a guesthouse! Very clean, nice rooms, very friendly owners--they really made the difference for us on this short visit to Heimay. A good value in a locally owned and operated hotel. A definite repeat for us.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank Bentman60
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vestmannaeyjar
Hotel Vestmannaeyjar
#1 of 2 in Skogar
B&B Guesthouse Hrafnabjorg
B&B Guesthouse Hrafnabjorg
#2 of 4 in Vestmannaeyjar

Been to Guesthouse Hamar? Share your experiences!