Review Highlights
Excellent Photographic Experience!!

A professional photographer friend of mine recommend Iceland En Route. I'm so glad that I took his... read more

Reviewed May 23, 2018
nectarphonic
Santa Monica
Iceland Adventure

I recently returned from a photo excursion to Iceland with Iceland En Route. What a terrific... read more

Reviewed March 18, 2018
Julie S
Boston, Massachusetts

All reviews photographic experience professional photographer photo tour amazing locations amazing shots an amazing guide camera settings great trip northern lights oli kristin editing trustworthy workshop photographing accommodations skills
Reviewed August 16, 2016

I am a photographer and I wanted a photo-guide to show me around. Being a photographer and mentor myself, I always spot capable and knowledgable people in the field soon. Oli Haukur of Enroute was exceptional in helping me and my clients achieve great photographic results. Oli was not just hard working and very professional, he was also extreme fun and caring. He is surely recommended for anyone to visit Iceland on a photographic holiday.

Date of experience: July 2016
Reviewed August 10, 2016

Olih was our guide this year and last year. And he has been an amazing Tour guide every time. There was 9 of us each time, youngest being 2. We saw Puffins, horses, waterfalls, incredible landscapes, the list goes on and on. And if there was something that was on the top of your list, well, he made sure you we're going to see it.

Date of experience: July 2016
1  Thank travelfam709
Reviewed June 21, 2016

I'm an experienced photographer and have taken (and conducted) photo tours in a variety of locations. Oli's tour was exceptional. He is wonderful company as well as a wonderful, caring guide (and outstanding photographer). In 5 1/2 days, we traveled through the entire country, seeing locations I would not have found on my own in lighting conditions I would not have predicted. With Oli, I was also able to learn much about the country, its society and economy. This means that, in addition to having many images, I will have some familiarity with the place where they were taken.

The trip logistics and accomodations were expertly organized by Kristin, even though I decided to go to Iceland at pretty much the last minute. I left our trip thinking that I had seen everything, but wanting to come back for another tour...with En Route.

Date of experience: June 2016
Reviewed June 19, 2016

This past New Year's, 2016, my wife and I spent several days with Oli on the southern coast of Iceland. We had never been there before and we were captivated by the stark beauty of the island. Oli was our guide and was happy to share his local knowledge, experience and guidance. He took us to beautiful places and was very patient both explaining what we were seeing and helping us have a truly remarkable photographic experience. This trip is highly recommended, and do not avoid going in the winter. The weather is similar to a winter in New England. Iceland is a hidden gem and should definitely be on your bucket list! Oli, our heart felt thank you and we hope to be back again soon.

Date of experience: January 2016
2  Thank Gviglone
Reviewed March 28, 2016

I had the great fortune to spend three days with Óli touring and photographing the South and Eastern coastline and glaciers of Iceland. From pick up to drop off - no request was too big, no day or drive was too long and no question about photography went unanswered (from camera settings to post editing - based on his experiences as a working pro photographer). I've not toured with someone who puts more into a day and really works to make sure you get unique, interesting photographs at the right time in the right place across the spectrum (landscapes, seascapes, horses, glaciers, Northern Lights) in this amazing country. While I was solo with Óli, he also works with groups and handles all the arrangements from pick up to drop off. Solo or group, you will enjoy your time with him - and take home great memories and photos!

Date of experience: March 2016