Review Highlights
Excellent Photographic Experience!!

A professional photographer friend of mine recommend Iceland En Route. I'm so glad that I took his... read more

Reviewed May 23, 2018
nectarphonic
Santa Monica
Iceland Adventure

I recently returned from a photo excursion to Iceland with Iceland En Route. What a terrific... read more

Reviewed March 18, 2018
Julie S
Boston, Massachusetts

All reviews photographic experience professional photographer photo tour amazing locations amazing shots an amazing guide camera settings great trip northern lights oli kristin editing trustworthy workshop photographing accommodations skills
Reviewed March 28, 2016

I had the great fortune to spend three days with Óli touring and photographing the South and Eastern coastline and glaciers of Iceland. From pick up to drop off - no request was too big, no day or drive was too long and no question about photography went unanswered (from camera settings to post editing - based on his experiences as a working pro photographer). I've not toured with someone who puts more into a day and really works to make sure you get unique, interesting photographs at the right time in the right place across the spectrum (landscapes, seascapes, horses, glaciers, Northern Lights) in this amazing country. While I was solo with Óli, he also works with groups and handles all the arrangements from pick up to drop off. Solo or group, you will enjoy your time with him - and take home great memories and photos!

Date of experience: March 2016
Reviewed March 11, 2016 via mobile

Oli has it all. He s experienced. He knows "that" unique timing and point of view on every location. knows hidden locations. He has a solid knowledge about the art of photography, Brings crystal clear technical explanations and keeps at every moment an active sense of humor. The vehicle is perfect and allowed us to reach all the difficult places. After 5 days travelling with Oli and my wife at the south and east coast of Iceland, we enjoyed the country, learned tips and skills to improve as photographers, had the chance to get in touch with the islandic sensitivity and way of living and specially, we laughed a lot. Absolutely recommended. !!!

Date of experience: March 2016
Reviewed February 24, 2016 via mobile

I went to Iceland on March 2015 for a photo tour with fellow photographers. We went to half way around the world to Iceland to capture aurora and the beauty of iceland. During those time that I was in Iceland I was accompanied by Mr Oli Haukur, a local photographer and a photo tour leader. I am impressed with his attentiveness and his passion for photography. He lead the group to some famous spots and also some spots that nobody has seen before. He was really committed in his work, and made sure that everyone of us got our shots and went home happily. One night while shooting Aurora, we stayed up till 2:30 am before we arrived in the hotel. That is how committed and caring he was with our group. When I go to Iceland again in the near future, I will definitely want Oli to be my guide. He can arrange everything for your need there.

Date of experience: March 2015
Reviewed February 17, 2016

My brother and I spent one week in February 2016 visiting Iceland. We engaged the services of our guide, Oli Haukur, for five days. This was the best decision that we made.

Oli drove us along most of the southern coast of Iceland, the Snaefellsnes Peninsula, and the Golden Circle. That was a lot of driving in 5 days. We visited numerous waterfalls, streams, rapids, lagoons, glaciers, the Ice Cave, beaches, and geysers. We walked on frozen lakes, photographed the aurora borealis, saw seals, geese and ducks, volcanic mountains, lava plains, and Icelandic horses.

I found this trip to be very meaningful and enriching. Oli was very helpful: Oli speaks impeccably perfect English and hence communication was easy. He knew where to bring us, and hence we were able to see many more sights in the limited amount of time that we had than if we had to look for these sights ourselves. He was punctual, well informed, personable, affable, funny, reliable, trustworthy, and it was possible to discuss a wide range of different topics meaningfully. There was never a dull moment with Oli. He made a point of getting us to the sights before the huge bus loads of tourists arrived, so that we could enjoy the sights better! He made sure that we were safe at all times - if the terrain were the slightest bit slick, he provided us with crampons which helped immensely in reducing the risk of falls. We stopped along the highway to visit and pat the horses in the area. He made a point of always safely pulling off the road so that accidents would not occur. His vehicle was well serviced and equipped with studded tires thereby increasing traction on the road. He drove safely and took no risks on the road. He was attentive while driving at all times.

Oli is also a great professional photographer. I have seen a number of photos that he took and they are very very fine indeed. We are also avid, interested and fairly competent photographers as well, so we were able to discuss the technical as well as artistic details of photography on site. He understood the importance of lighting, long shadows, the golden light, some clouds for making the sky interesting, and appropriate shutter speeds to effectively characterize the effect of moving water. He advised us on the appropriate lens to use at the various sights. He understood composition very well. He knew at what time of the day to bring us to the iconic sights when the lighting would be optimal for photography. He also went beyond the call of duty of taking us out at night to sufficiently dark places to photograph the aurora borealis. We were thus able to capture beautiful aurora photos.

On our last day together, after we said goodbye, I had inadvertently left my tripod behind in his vehicle. As soon as Oli became aware of this, he drove back to our hotel and cheerfully delivered my tripod to me.

Iceland is a beautiful country, its people are lovely, and everyone speaks perfect English here. The air is fresh and invigorating, the water is clean and sweet, the glaciers, lagoons, streams, beaches, tidal waves, waterfalls, and horses are majestic and awesome, and the food is delicious and of very high quality. We enjoyed ourselves immensely and I cannot imagine a 5-day period of time where I had experienced such incredible and intense beauty and appreciated more the awesome and powerful effects of Nature. It has been a very invigorating, worthwhile time spent together, and Oli, with his good natured smile, facilitated our enjoyment of this beautiful country elegantly.

Date of experience: February 2016
2  Thank ken l
Reviewed February 17, 2016

I am a keen photographer and was looking to see the best Iceland has to offer. After searching for guides, Olis portfolio kept cropping up and his work blew me away, I knew this was the guy to take me on a tour of Iceland. Once sorted an early start was arranged where we headed over to Jokulsarlon. Cant believe how much we fitted into one day! Glaciers, waterfalls, crystal caves, glacier beach, even snowmobiles!! Oli of Iceland En Route is an awesome guide,well recommended and deffinetely going with Oli again when back in Iceland. 5 stars plus

Date of experience: March 2015